Have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season.
With the holidays nearly here, we at Stromsoe Insurance Agency would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a very happy holiday season. As a premier insurance provider, we understand that the holidays can pose some unique and very serious risks to the people and things you care about most. This is why we would like to offer you these holiday safety tips to ensure your holidays are truly happy, healthy, and safe.
- Do not leave your oven or stove unattended while they are in use.
- Remove flammable items from around your stove and oven. Make sure you keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen for cooking fire emergencies.
- Do not use real candles to decorate your home. Use electric candles or other flameless alternatives to reduce your fire risk.
- Before hanging up decorative lights, inspect them for broken bulbs, frayed cords, or exposed wires. Discard any damaged lights, as they increase your fire risk.
- Do not plug more than three strings of lights into a single outlet or extension cord. Overloading a plug could cause it to overheat and spark a fire.
- Before you set out on your holiday road trip, make sure you have your car professionally serviced. This will reduce your chances of breaking down in the middle of your journey.
- Check to see which weather conditions you will encounter on your drive and prepare your car accordingly. For instance, if rain is expected, make sure your car has new tires, heavy-duty windshield wipers, and freshly cleaned headlights.
- Pack an emergency car kit. Your kit should include things like basic tools, first aid supplies, food, water, emergency money, and other useful supplies in the event that you break down and get stranded.
Home Security Safety
- If you are leaving for the holidays, keep your plans under wraps. You do not want many people to know your home will be uninhabited, as this increases the chance of your home being targeted for a robbery.
- Hire a house sitter or ask a friend to collect your mail and keep an eye on your home while you are away. A human presence at your home will keep criminals away.
- If you are particularly worried about a break-in, invest in a good home security system.
- Put floor mats by your front door to reduce the amount of water that your customers and employees track in. Use “wet floor” signs to warn people about their slipping risk.
- If you are closing for the holidays, consider hiring a security guard or invest in a security system to ensure your business isn’t broken into.
- Before leaving for the holidays, unplug all non-essential electronics and appliances. This will save you money on energy costs while also reducing the chances of a power surge damaging these items.
- Review your business insurance to ensure you have adequate coverage for the various risks that your business will face from winter weather conditions and other threats.
Try out these safety tips to protect the people and things you love most this holiday season. Want another way to ensure your safety this season? Make sure you have the right personal and commercial insurance protections in place. For assistance with all your coverage needs, contact the experts at Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta, California today.
Comments are closed.