Planning for your summer vacation doesn’t have to be financially stressful.
Summer vacations mean school is out, and your family vacation has finally come! If you were smart, this trip means you can splurge because you looked for the best deals that were available to you when you booked your trip. If not, it sounds like you’re going to have to dig deep into your pockets for any change that may be lying in there somewhere. Planning a summer vacation doesn’t mean you have to have monetary anxiety. On the contrary. Planning a summer vacation can be easy with the proper, planning, and research. Here are 3 things you can do to get the best deals on your summer vacation.
- Time it Right – Hotel rates fluctuate with supply and demand, so it pays to go against the flow of other vacationers. High-peak vacationing happens between the 4th of July to mid-August. So planning on early June or late-August can mean better savings.
- Don’t leave empty handed – Before you depart, order the Entertainment Book or such other coupon books. These editions are packed full of discounts and attractions. You’ll likely recoup your investment within the first few days.
- Meals don’t have to break the bank – Dining at restaurants for every meal can add up real fast, so make restaurants a singular daily thing. Keep a cooler in your car and plan picnics at least once a day. Make sure to stay at hotels that offer free breakfasts to cut down on costs. And, when you treat yourselves to a restaurant make sure to go during lunch when costs are lower, and to make sure your restaurant offers a lunch special.
If you want to save money, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for that perfect summer vacation. As California insurance experts, we can help tailor your coverage to meet your exact needs – including your budget. For the best coverage at the best price, call us today!
Salmon Burgers For Summer
During the summer, everyone seems to be lighting up their grill. While the barrage of burgers and hot dogs is great for a time, after a couple of months of eating these heavy foods you might be ready for an alternative, healthy option. Fortunately, you can get it! For a fresh twist on the classic burger, whip up this recipe for a delicious salmon burger to enjoy this summer.
To make them, you will need:
- 1 cup of finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup of thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 1-pound skinned salmon fillet, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 egg white
- Cooking spray
- 8 slices of focaccia
- Your favorite burger toppings (e.g. sliced tomato, lettuce, sliced onion)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, basil, salmon, salt, and pepper, mixing with your hands until well blended. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and egg white. Add it into the salmon mixture and mix well.
Separate the salmon mixture into four patties about a ½ inch thick. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high. Add the patties and cook until done (about 3 minutes each side). Meanwhile, toast your focaccia.
Serve the patties sandwiched between the focaccia with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Personally, we love a squeeze of lemon and a few capers to really zest up this burger.
We hope you love this tasty recipe! For all of your California insurance needs, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency today!
Protect Your Summer With Water Safety
The summer is heating up here in California, and you are probably looking for a way to take advantage of the summer season. The good news is that heading to the water can give you a reprieve from the heat while you enjoy the sun’s rays. So that you can enjoy your time by the water without stress, here is a quick guide to staying safe by the water this summer.
- At The Beach: Be aware that at the beach, there are rip currents that could put even the most experienced swimmer in a dangerous situation. Never swim too far from the shore. The beach may seem like the perfect place to lay out and get a tan, but this could expose you to the sun’s harmful rays. Make sure you regularly seek out shade (an umbrella will help!) and reapply your sunscreen as needed.
- On The Lake: You may think that a swim in the lake is just like a lap in the pool, but the moving water will tire you out more quickly than the pool would. Do not push your limits when in the lake. If you will be boating, make sure there is a designated driver who can safely drive everyone home and that every passenger has—and actually wears—a lifejacket.
- By The River: With the runoff as the summer heats up, lots of rivers are moving very quickly right now. Never swim in the river without someone to keep an eye on you. Also, make sure you do not swallow any water to avoid waterborne illnesses.
We hope this water recreation safety guide helps you safely enjoy your summer! To offer your family even more safety, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency to put the best California coverage in place to protect you this summer and beyond.
Eliminating Liability Risks This Summer
Summer is finally here, which means many individuals and families are getting ready to take out their summer toys. As fun as trampolines, boats, and swimming pools may be, there are associated risks that you will want to have covered under the proper insurance policies. Before heading out to enjoy summer to the fullest, be sure to confirm adequate coverage.
Summer Insurance For Summer Toys
- Trampolines – While you may think that your backyard will be perfect once you add a trampoline to the mix, you must consider the liability risks associated with this attractive nuisance. In fact, your homeowners insurance may not even provide you with coverage for your trampoline, so be sure to confirm your coverage before purchasing a trampoline.
- Swimming Pools – Before installing a swimming pool in your backyard, be sure to discuss this addition with your homeowners insurance agent. Since many insurers exclude coverage for pools, this is extremely important. There are so many liability risks associated with pool ownership that must be accounted for.
- Boats – If you will finally be taking your boat out of storage and voyaging various waters, make sure to update your boat insurance coverage before heading out. Also, be sure to let your insurer know which waters you plan to venture in because you may need additional coverage for different navigational waters.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs. Whether you are looking to insure your trampoline, swimming pool, or any other summer toy, we will be your one stop shop for everything insurance related! Allow us to provide you with summer insurance in California that allows you to enjoy your fun in the sun without a worry in the world.
With summer’s end fast approaching, we must think about what home maintenance projects we can conduct to keep our homes in tip-top shape year round. While we still have a few summer days left to enjoy, we do not want you to go overboard trying to clean and maintain everything. Add these items to your August home maintenance to-do-list:
- As allergy sneezes seem to be the soundtrack for your summer, start cleaning to prevent and eliminate allergens. Dust mites often cause allergies to peak during the summer months. Clean all surfaces where dust lurks, including the window blinds, fan blades, etc. If you have carpet in your home, make a conscious effort to vacuum regularly.
- If you have taken advantage of the perfect weather conditions and have hosted multiple barbecue parties this summer, you will want to give the grill a good cleaning. Heat your grill for 10-15 minutes and burn off any remaining residue. Next, scrub the grill with a wire brush. If your grill does not have a cover, you will want to purchase one to keep it protected during the colder months.
- Make sure to plan a special weekend for Labor Day – Okay, okay, this is not home maintenance, but it is still necessary! We celebrate Labor Day to honor the American workers that strive for success on a daily basis. So maybe put off cleaning the grill until after you throw a party for Labor Day with all of your friends and family. There is no better way to send off summer than with a barbecue party.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency today and allow us to formulate a unique homeowners’ insurance policy. We will look for every discount possible for you without sacrificing important coverage. Personalized insurance coverage is the best protection you can have.
Each year, we begin summer by throwing our child’s backpacks and books in the closet, kicking back and, relaxing. Months of ignoring routine and enjoying the summer sun makes it nearly impossible to put ourselves back in school mode. Returning to your school time routine doesn’t have to be a hassle. Consider these 7 tips to prepare both you and your child for the next school semester:
- During the last week of summer before school begins, start bringing routine habits back into your daily lives. Bring back wake up times and bedtimes. Have your child get dressed for the day at the same time they would for school and have them eating during the same times as well.
- Since school gives children more responsibilities, give your child certain tasks that they will have to manage on their own to prepare them.
- If you don’t already have your launch pad in gear, you’ll want to designate a place for the essentials. To avoid early morning scrambles, have your child have a designated place for their lunch box and backpack.
- Establish a specific time each day where your child will complete their homework. It is smart to have your child do their homework during the time that you are cooking or finishing other household chores. This will make them more motivated to get it done since you’ll be standing over their shoulder.
- If your child’s school day ends before you are off of work, you’ll want to start deciding what their afternoon plans will be ahead of time. Whether you decide to enroll your child in an after-school program or arrange play dates with their friends, it is important that you get this out of the way before the night before the first day of school.
- As a working parent, it is important that you have a plan in place for when your child gets sick. You may need to fill out forms ahead of time to have a certain trusted person or babysitter pick your child up from school, just in case.
- Most importantly, make going back to school a family affair.
Stromsoe Insurance Agency is available for all of your California insurance needs. Contact us today and allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your assets are adequately protected. We are available to answer any and all of your questions around the clock.
As you plan for your vacation there are a variety of measures that must be taken before your big journey. Packing the perfect outfits, planning how you will get to you destination, and where you will sightsee are likely top on your list of priorities. However, have you begun planning how you will protect your home while you are away? Criminal activity skyrockets during the summer months because criminals have become experts at determining which homes have been left vulnerable. Burglary prevention is simple when you plan properly. Consider these 5 helpful tips to ensure that you do not return from your vacation with unpleasant surprises:
- Arrange for a close friend or neighbor to check on your house periodically. You will want this trusted person to check your mail, pick up your daily newspaper, and change the position of your car every few days. Piling up mail and newspapers screams empty home.
- If you will be going on a long vacation, you may want to notify the local police station so that they can parole the area periodically.
- As tempting as it may be, refrain from posting any vacation plans on social media. Those who post their departure and return dates on Facebook or Twitter often return to unpleasant surprises. Criminals know how tempting it is to inform your friends of your 2 week trip to the Bahamas so they look for those signs.
- Set timers on your lights and television so that it appears that someone is home.
- As simple as this may be, make sure all windows and side doors are locked. Criminals prefer houses that are easy to burglarize and require little effort.
Stromsoe Insurance Agency understands the importance of protecting your most valuable investment – your home. Contact us today for all of your California homeowners’ insurance needs. Allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is adequately protected.
Children across the country are bursting through school doors, overjoyed to start their summer break. While it is great to give the kids a chance to recharge at the beginning of summer, it’s smart to make sure they spend time doing summer activities that keep their brain active. There are many fun, yet stimulating projects you can do with your kids all summer that you both will love. Here are a few examples:
- Summer Reading Programs: There are many libraries throughout the country that offer summer reading programs. These programs are designed to help children find books that interest them enough to keep pursuing reading as a hobby. If an outside program does not sound like a good fit for your child, you can always propose an award system, which will reward them for spending a certain amount of time reading each day.
- Indoor or Outdoor Science Exploration: Before going on a family camping trip, have your kids learn about what they might see at the location. If your family is not one to take vacations very often, look into purchasing a science kit. These kits are often disguised as toys, and the kids won’t even think of it as a learning tool!
- Games That Make Them Move: Video games have been a controversial topic in the parenting world. However, games that require the kids to get up, and be active can actually improve their attention skills. Consider games such as Dance Dance Revolution, or Guitar Hero to help stimulate their brains. Board games are always a fun alternative if you are not sold on the game console idea.
As a parent, the last thing you want is your child to go back to school in the fall, and have to play catch up. It is important to make sure that the children actually enjoy the activities you choose, so that they will remain engaged.
Stromsoe Insurance Agency and their experienced insurance professionals, offer quality commercial and personal insurance policies. Stromsoe Insurance Agency is sure to meet all of your insurance needs!
We look forward to summer for so many reasons. It is now warm enough to lay out, take walks, have BBQs with close friends, and so much more. However, these hotter temperatures bring along with them the threat of heat illness. The term heat illness can be used to describe anything from muscle cramps, life-threatening heat stroke. It is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of a heat illness, and be aware of the outside temperature range that could put you at risk. Here are a few types of heat illnesses:
- Heat Cramps: Someone experiencing heat cramps will likely start to experience muscle cramps in their calves or feet. Their muscles will feel tight, and skin will feel hot.
- Heat Exhaustion: An individual with heat exhaustion will experience fatigue, nausea, dizziness, fainting, headaches, and a slow heartbeat. Their skin will feel cold and clammy. This condition requires immediate attention but is not a life-threatening ailment.
- Heat Stoke: If a person is experiencing heat stroke they will require medical attention immediately, as it is a life-threatening condition. The person will feel nauseous, dizzy, tired, have a fast heart rate, shortness of breath, and may not be conscious. Their skin will feel hot, flushed, and dry as sweating has shut off.
To prevent the occurrence of any of these illnesses, it is important to stay hydrated, and be in the shade whenever possible. Here are the temperature ranges that you should be aware of when spending the day outside:
- You should take extreme caution in temperatures above 90.
- Temperatures above 98 are considered dangerous.
- Extreme danger is defined as temperatures above 108.
- Remember that with any percentage of humidity in the air, your risk will only go up. Be sure to facture in humidity when considering the day’s conditions.
Keep yourself safe this summer, and make sure you take the necessary measures to prevent heat illness. If you have any insurance related questions, don’t hesitate to contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency!
Swimming pools are a godsend during the blazing hot summer months. As a pool owner, if you have small children or animals, it can be hard to monitor their whereabouts for every second of every day. If you are unable to do this, they risk a tragic fall into your pool. However, situations like these are easily preventable with one convenient purchase! Invest in a pool safety net, and reduce your worry of a pool-related accident.
Pool nets are made of a polyethylene rope that is secured to a covering of open squares. The rope is then fastened to a number of anchors that surround the perimeter of the pool. It stretches to provide a secure barrier, without ruining the beautiful look of your backyard. It is easy to use, and requires mere minutes to put on or take off.
The squares are a perfect size. They are small enough to prohibit the entry of a toddler’s head or body, and too large to walk on. Only their arms or legs will be able to fit through the squares. In this case, the toddler will not drown, and will likely begin to cry, alerting an adult of their whereabouts. Safety nets are available in a variety of colors that are sure to complement your backyard’s color scheme. The safety net can conform to even the most unique pool shapes, and can accommodate things like waterfalls, rocks, and planters. Limit your liabilities, and make the responsible decision to purchase a safety net today. You won’t regret it!
If you have any insurance related questions, don’t hesitate to contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency! They employ experienced insurance professionals, and offer quality commercial and personal insurance policies. Stromsoe Insurance Agency is sure to meet all of your insurance needs!