With the holiday season just around the corner, you must think about how you will remain safe while completing your holiday shopping to-do-list. While you may be inclined to assume that everyone is in the holiday spirit, there are an overwhelming number of criminals that take advantage of joyous people during this time. We want you to remain safe all year long, which is why we have gathered these important safety tips for holiday shopping:
- Make sure to always be aware of your surroundings so that you can report suspicious activity immediately. If you see someone lingering around the parking lot, contact the authorities right away. It is always better to be safe than sorry!
- If possible, try to purchase all of your holiday gifts with the same credit card. This will not only make it easier to track your spending, but it will also make it so that you can respond to fraudulent activity faster and with more ease.
- It is imperative that you never leave any of your valuables in plain sight. This means putting all recent purchases in your trunk and out of sight. A criminal will find it hard to pass up the temptation if you have a load of Nordstrom’s shopping bags in your back seat.
- If possible, do not pass over your credit card to the store clerk. Many of these employees are seasonal hires so they cannot be trusted as easily. Therefore, sliding your own card whenever you can is the best way to keep your personal information secure.
- Where you park is extremely important. If possible, park in the front of the structure in a well-lit area so that criminals cannot hide in dark corners and approach you when you are least expecting it. Also, if you will be leaving the mall or boutique after the sun has already set, make sure to have a security guard walk you out to ensure safety.
Happy Holidays! We hope these important safety tips for holiday shopping allow you to enjoy the holiday season worry-free! Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs.