It’s summer and boy are we excited! The nice weather brings out motorcycles, campers and boats (oh my!), but with these activities comes increased liability. Take a look at why you should cover your summer toys:
- Boat Insurance coverage may help pay to repair your boat and other watercraft after being damaged in an accident. It may also help pay to replace your boat if it’s stolen. This coverage usually helps protect a boat whether it’s on water or land.
- RV Insurance covers similar risks to auto insurance, including collision, comprehensive and liability coverage. You can also get additional protection for your personal belongings on board, equipment and attached accessories.
- ATV Insurance offers protection in the event of a collision or other damages. It also includes bodily injury and damage to the property of others, if you are at fault in an incident. It can pay for legal expenses, as well as the medical costs of other people and the lost wages.
- Motorcycle Insurance will help you keep your bike or scooter protected under liability coverage. Required in most states, liability coverage can help pay for another person’s medical bills or property repairs if there is an incident while riding your scooter or motorcycle.
- Umbrella Insurance keeps you from having to pay out-of-pocket for costs that exceed the limits of your homeowners’ policy. This can be beneficial, for example, regarding accidental injuries on a trampoline or involving a swimming pool on your property.
Questions? Want to learn more? Here’s 4 easy ways to reach us:
PS Here’s a few words from one client that trusts Stromsoe Insurance Agency:
“I had a good experience with this umbrella insurance query. Sarah Long is our agent and she always treats us as though we are her family- that is, with the best of care and attention.” Anita Born – Murrieta, CA – Client Since 2003
PPS Every policy is backed by our iron clad, 100% complete satisfaction guarantee. Ask for your copy today!
Before you go out and take your long motorcycle road trip, there are few things you need to check on your motorcycle.
If you are planning on going on an extended motorcycle road trip this spring or summer, you need to look at the needs of your motorcycle. Examining these needs will best assure that your motorcycle takes you from point A to point B, and then back to point A. Without a proper inspection, your motorcycle could leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere, and possibly walk many miles to the nearest sign of civilization. Here are a few tips for your motorcycle road trips.
- Check the Fluids – Before you head out, make sure to check all the fluids and refill any that are low. This includes fluids like oil, brakes, coolant, hydraulic clutch, et cetera. Refer to the owner’s manual for a complete list of fluids for your bike.
- Ensure Proper Inflation – Tires need to be inflated to ensure that nothing catastrophic happens to them while you are riding. Refer to your owner’s manual to know what psi you need to inflate your tires.
- Check the Weather – You don’t have a roof nor a windshield to protect you from the elements outside. Make sure that your road trip is centered around days in which there are clear skies or no chance of rain. Pack the proper equipment just in case rain is in the forecast.
- Pack the Essentials – You need to pack a first-aid kit, flashlight, matches, water bottles, energy bars, an emergency blanket, and a solar-powered phone charger to keep you safe if you are stranded in the middle of the road.
The right motorcycle insurance can keep you protected in the case of an emergency. Contact our knowledgeable team at Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your personal and business insurance coverage needs. We will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Motorcycle Riders: Read This Gear Guide
Your motorcycle is an amazing machine. It lets you navigate tight spaces and heavy traffic. It uses minimal gas. It lets you feel the fresh air and sunshine. For all of these reasons, though, your motorcycle is also compact and exposes you to the environment around you. To avoid a serious injury, you need to wear the right pieces to protect your body. Here is a quick guide to the motorcycle riding gear you need.
- Helmet: It should come as no surprise that you need to protect your head when flying down the freeway. Helmets reduce your risk for head injury by nearly 70 percent, so they are crucial. Choose a full-face helmet that properly fits and has been approved by the Department of Transportation to best protect your important brain.
- Jacket: Your jacket will not only protect your skin from serious road rash, it can also protect your internal organs! Look for a jacket that has CE rated body armor but still allows your full range of motion. You might want to choose one that has ventilation so you will not be tempted to skip it on sunny California days.
- Gloves: When your bike gets away from you, your natural reaction is to put out your hand to steady yourself. Protect your hands against this possibility—plus the very present hazards of wind and water—by investing in good motorcycle gloves. The right ones should include water resistant material, armor that protects your knuckles and palms, and a retention strap to keep your glove on should you need it.
Another crucial part of protecting yourself while on your motorcycle is carrying the right motorcycle insurance. Are you protected out on the road? To learn about the California coverage you need, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency today.