Eliminating Liability Risks This Summer
Summer is finally here, which means many individuals and families are getting ready to take out their summer toys. As fun as trampolines, boats, and swimming pools may be, there are associated risks that you will want to have covered under the proper insurance policies. Before heading out to enjoy summer to the fullest, be sure to confirm adequate coverage.
Summer Insurance For Summer Toys
- Trampolines – While you may think that your backyard will be perfect once you add a trampoline to the mix, you must consider the liability risks associated with this attractive nuisance. In fact, your homeowners insurance may not even provide you with coverage for your trampoline, so be sure to confirm your coverage before purchasing a trampoline.
- Swimming Pools – Before installing a swimming pool in your backyard, be sure to discuss this addition with your homeowners insurance agent. Since many insurers exclude coverage for pools, this is extremely important. There are so many liability risks associated with pool ownership that must be accounted for.
- Boats – If you will finally be taking your boat out of storage and voyaging various waters, make sure to update your boat insurance coverage before heading out. Also, be sure to let your insurer know which waters you plan to venture in because you may need additional coverage for different navigational waters.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs. Whether you are looking to insure your trampoline, swimming pool, or any other summer toy, we will be your one stop shop for everything insurance related! Allow us to provide you with summer insurance in California that allows you to enjoy your fun in the sun without a worry in the world.
Common Perils Homeowners Are Faced With
In securing your home and family from disaster, you have obtained a homeowners insurance policy. Unfortunately, that policy comes with some unique homeowners insurance claims that you must be weary of. There are a variety of different types of claims that homeowners are faced with, but we believe the following, costly claims should be avoided whenever possible:
- One of the most common misunderstood areas of a homeowners insurance policy is water damage coverage. Insurance carriers have clear distinguishing factors that determine whether damage caused by water is covered or not. Any water that enters from the outside is known as flood damage, which is specifically excluded from coverage of your homeowners insurance policy. In contrast, a burst pipe would constitute as water damage, which is covered. To combat this issue, you will need to obtain a separate flood insurance policy.
- One of the costliest of homeowners insurance claims are dog bite liability claims. If you have recently welcomed a pooch into the family, it is important that you practice non-aggressive tendencies with your pup and enroll them in a behavioral class. Additionally, make sure to put your pet in a safe location away from guests when having a party to reduce your liability risks.
- Far too many of us assume that living in California means we do not need to prepare our homes against storms. Unfortunately, this habit often leaves Californians in harm’s way when a disaster arrives, since none of the preventative measures have been taken. Look for ways to conduct winter weather protection on your home so that it can prevail through the changing seasons.
Are you receiving adequate coverage? Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California homeowners insurance needs. Allow us to increase the limits of your homeowners insurance policy to ensure you are receiving maximum protection.