Halloween Horrors Covered by Your Homeowners Insurance

Your homeowners insurance will protect you from Halloween home mishaps.

Halloween is one of the best nights of the year for children! Unfortunately, this playful, mischievous manner could turn into mayhem when a trick-or-treater trips or your jack-o’-lantern is knocked over.

Fortunately, you can cackle your way through this night as most homeowners insurance policies cover these nightmare situations!

  • Tricksters damage your home: Standard homeowners policies cover vandalism when repair costs exceed your deductible.
  • Candles cause a fire: Fires caused by a jack-o’-lantern candle or a string of ghost lights will be covered. If you are unable to live in your home because of damages, your homeowners insurance will also pay for your additional living expenses.
  • Trick-or-treating trauma: Injuries caused to children or their parents are covered by the homeowner liability portion of your policy.
  • Car crash: If you crash your car by to avoid hitting a trick-or-treater (it happens more than you think!), the accident would be covered by the collision portion of your auto insurance. If anyone is hurt, your liability protection will take care of that.

Luckily, with proper insurance, you will have coverage throughout all Halloween misfortunes! That being said, you can reduce the likelihood of an accident by ensuring all paths to the house are clear, double-checking that there is sufficient lighting, and not lighting any open flames.

Visit Stromsoe Insurance Agency to put the necessary insurance in California in place before Halloween night. We promise no tricks in our insurance policies!

The Essentials When Camping

Camping Tips To Make Your Outing Its Best

We are just now arriving at that beautiful time of year when the weather warms and tax season ends, inviting us all to shake off our stress and get outdoors. One of the best ways to take advantage of the coming months of great weather is grabbing the family and heading out for a camping expedition. When you do, use these camping tips to make the most of your time.

  • Fire: No camping trip would be complete without dinner cooked over an open flame and time spent around the campfire. Generally, 14 split logs should be enough to cook dinner over the flame and keep the fire stoked until midnight. Bring a little extra wood for just in case; you can always sell it to other campers instead of lugging it home.
  • Food & Water: Pack your cast iron skillet and choose recipes that can be cooked in the skillet and are based off of ingredients that can be stored at room temperature. Canned items are a great choice, and will save you valuable cooler space. Make sure each camper brings a refillable water bottle, and pack plenty of two-gallon jugs with waterspouts.
  • Shelter: Choose your campsite well. Do your research ahead of time so you can choose a site that will have the amenities your family enjoys, like a fire pit or picnic tables. If you are going to be sleeping in a tent, pop it up before you leave home to ensure there are no structural issues you should address before you go. If you are RV camping, make sure that your propane is hooked up and everything else is ready to go.

Is your RV ready to head out on the road for a summer of fun? To get the RV insurance you need to embark without worry, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. Our dedicated California team is here to protect your upcoming adventures.

The Reality Of Renters Insurance

Do You Need This Kind Of Coverage?

When you rent, you do not have as many worries about your property as a homeowner. If your shower clogs, or your oven breaks, or your neighbors are being too noisy, all you have to do is pick up the phone and have someone else handle the issue for you. Just because you do not have to worry about maintaining the property on which you live does not mean you should not worry about the personal property you store in it, though.

As a renter, you can rest easy knowing your rental property would be rebuilt after a fire because it is covered by your landlord’s insurance coverage. If that fire crept into your unit and touched your belongings, though, your landlord’s coverage will not extend to replace or repair your possessions.

Consequently, it is important to carry renters insurance. This kind of coverage is very affordable (usually between $15 and $30 a month, depending on how much property you have to cover) and will offer protection for your personal property. That means that a thief breaking in and swiping all of your valuables will not leave you facing a financial deficit. Have you protected your possessions with renters insurance?

There is an additional benefit of this type of coverage. Renters insurance also offers liability coverage, which means that a guest getting injured in your rental will not end up being a huge legal expense for you if they decide to sue you. Protect yourself from being held responsible after an injury with renters insurance.

Do you have an insurance expert showing you how much coverage you need to protect your rental, your personal property, and your liability? To get that kind of guidance, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency today. We are here to meet all of your California renter’s insurance needs.

Can I Insure My Vacant Property While I Wait To Sell?

Selling a home is a notoriously stressful and overwhelming process. The experience becomes even more trying if the home does not move quickly. You have landed a job near your new primary residence, therefore, you have no choice but to leave the home vacant until it sells. However, there are a variety of insurance implications that change when you leave a home vacant for a period of time, factors that leave you at risk. Compiled is a list of what you must know when it comes to leaving a home vacant:

  • There are a variety of factors that classify a home as vacant. Whenever the utilities have been shut off, the home is classified as vacant. Additionally, when there is not enough furniture for a reasonable person to reside in the home, the home is categorized as vacant.
  • Depending on your specific insurance provider, you may be denied of claims for a vacant property. Some insurance companies will even drop your policy altogether.
  • Since there are more opportunities for vandalism, theft, and fire when the home is vacant, insurance companies view this vacant property as a high risk.
  • In the event that your vacant property is vandalized, your insurance company may require you to pay out of pocket for the repairs.
  • Since requirements and details vary across insurance carriers, you must contact your agent to determine your next course of action when it comes to handling your vacant home. You will want to know exactly what coverage is included and what is excluded. Some companies will provide you with coverage at an escalated premium.
  • Your best course of action may be to purchase an endorsement for your homeowners’ insurance policy, extending coverage to your vacant property.

Often, selling a home does not follow the quick timeline you were planning for. If you may be forced to leave your home vacant for a period of time, contact the insurance experts at Stromsoe Insurance Agency to find out how we can best protect you, and your property.