Add This One To The Family Holiday Recipe Book!
In the midst of the holiday season, you may be thinking about which holiday recipes to fix up to impress your family, friends, and neighbors. If you have come second best in the family’s best recipe contest year after year, mix up this delicious homemade eggnog recipe to not only win first prize but to have them begging for more:
What you will need:
- 3 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 1/3 Cup of White Sugar
- 2 ½ Cups of Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Confectioners’ Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup of Rum (Optional)
- 2 Drops of Yellow Food Coloring
- 1 Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
How to prepare:
- Combine the eggs, salt, and sugar in a saucepan and gradually add and stir in milk. You will need to stir this mixture consistently for about 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat. You will know it is ready for the next step with the mixture can coat a metal spoon.
- Remove the concoction from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Next, place the saucepan over ice water until the custard begins to cool. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a separate, chilled bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and the heavy cream. Beat until you notice stiff peaks in the mixture.
- Now, add the rum and food coloring and fold the mixture into the cooled custard.
- Pour the delicious eggnog into a serving bowl, top with a sprinkle of nutmeg, serve, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this delicious homemade eggnog recipe and add it to your holiday recipe book to enjoy year after year! Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs.