Our hearts and thoughts go out to all of those affected by the fires that continue to burn in all of California.
We mirror what the leadership of Cal Fire (http://www.fire.ca.gov/) has mentioned over the past few days.
1) Life safety first
2) Protect properties second
This week is also Fire Prevention Week, which helps remind us to prepare for times just like so many are experiencing right now.
Has your family set up a home escape plan in case of emergency? In the article “Every Second Counts – Plan 2 Ways Out”, you will find some helpful tips on how to make an escape plan for your family. Creating a home escape plan is the most basic element to home fire safety. It makes a difference between life and death in a fire situation.
If there is anything we can do to assist, in any way, please contact us at:
Thank you for the opportunity to serve and protect you. Please be safe!
Mike Stromsoe and the
Stromsoe Insurance Total Protection Team
With Insurance Agent right on your phone, accessing our insurance services has never been easier as you can do it with the tap of a button.
Easy, Quick, Secure. More than easy access to our agency, our Insurance Agent app has the tools you need to be prepared before, during and after something happens.
Our app is the easiest way to connect with us and has great tools to share & update the information that helps us customize your coverage to fit your needs. Use our secure smart tools to create a home inventory in minutes, detail an accident, and capture & store your policy info. Convenience at your fingertips… “I” is YOUR personal insurance icon!
Home Inventory Made Simple
Easy, Quick & Secure – Create & update Home Inventories in minutes. Click and Capture the contents and value of your personal property on your smartphone. Click and Share reports to ensure proper insurance coverage, file a claim, or update estate & tax info. Having a Home Inventory report gives you peace of mind, sharing your report helps us customize your coverage to fit your needs.
Auto & Accident Help on the Spot
Accidents happen. Quickly contact your agent or insurance company. Capture details you need to file a claim with your iPhone. Set-up today, and car info automatically loads into accident reports. Share with family drivers so everyone is prepared.
Apps are here to change the world and make your life as easy as possible. And now with our best insurance services in the palm of our hand, you can provide claims as easy as texting. Get it for the iPhone here and the Android here. And if you want to talk over the phone, you can do that too! For all of your insurance needs throughout California, you can contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency.
You may be dreading to go back to the supermarket filled with countless screaming kids and clueless parents, but back-to-school season is upon us.
Prepare yourselves: Back-to-school season is coming. For some of us, school supply shopping is almost as gruesome as Game of Thrones. Stores filled with parents walking as aimlessly as the White Walkers, children running around as crazy as the Wildlings, and employees trying to keep it all together, like the Men of the Night’s Watch–almost wishing to utter the words, “My Watch Has Ended.” Alas, you have to get your kids their supplies to help them have a successful school year. Crayons, markers, glue, rulers, pencils, pens, binders, and folders can add up pretty quickly. Here’s how you can survive the onslaught of back-to-school season and save money for your child’s school supplies.
1. Begin by looking inward. Perhaps money is tight, so looking around your home for supplies is a good start. People often store notebooks, unsharpened pencils, scissors, and all sorts of things that could save you mean.
2. Don’t wait! As soon as you gain access to your child’s school supplies list, go the supermarket. You’ll avoid all the drama of a real-life Game of Thrones episode mentioned earlier, plus the prices may be cheaper as demand hasn’t risen yet.
3. Buy in bulk. To reduce the price even lower, shop at stores like Sam’s Club or Costco (if you have the membership, of course). Those deals are hard to beat, and if you have more than one child going back to school–or to stock up and save next year!
Children are expensive and while you always want to give them the best, teaching them ways in which to save is something they’ll be thankful for when they leave for college and have to eat Ramen every day. Don’t forget that for all of your insurance needs throughout California, you can contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency.
Create delicious cherry lemonade popsicles with this incredibly simple recipe.
The best part about popsicles is how easy they are to make! The hardest part about making them is having to wait for them to freeze. But if you’ve practiced the virtue of patience, you know that delayed gratification is about the sweetest thing there is in life–especially when you made them the night before a hot summer’s day. Buying them at the supermarket may be easier, but they don’t taste the same: enjoying what you’ve created and waited for has that extra kick to it which will make these popsicles the best part of summer. Follow this simple popsicle recipe so that you can make these delicious cherry lemonade popsicles.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Makes: 6 popsicles
- 1⅓ cups water
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup of lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 5 limes)
- 1 Tbsp of maraschino cherry juice
- 6 popsicle molds/sticks
- In a small saucepan, heat the water to near boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Boiling water’s molecules are vibrating much faster and can dissolve things much more quickly than cold, or room-temperature water.
- Let it cool for a few minutes, then stir in the lime and maraschino cherry juices.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 popsicle molds. Add popsicle sticks and stick them in the freezer until it has frozen (at least 3 hours). Just before you serve them, run the popsicles under hot water to release them from the molds.
We at Stromsoe Insurance Agency hope that you enjoy these cherry lemonade popsicles and that they refresh you when you most need them. (If the day is hot enough, send some of them our way!) And don’t forget that for all of your insurance needs throughout California, you can contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency.
Do the best you can to stop thieves from targeting and breaking into your home with these 4 helpful hints.
Approximately every 15 seconds a home burglary occurs somewhere in the U.S. That means that in the 5 minutes it will take you to read this post, there will be 40 homes that will have been victims to burglars. That’s a rather startling statistic and should be a sign to take immediate steps to fortify your home. Think of your home as an ogre, or better yet, an onion: there should be many layers, each one a different enough to make a thief cry. To keep your home safe, here are two thief deterrents you should consider, and two that you’ll want to avoid.
The ones that work.
Don’t be frugal when it comes to your locks because they are the first things the burglars will try out. If they are weak, then you have basically invited the thieves in. A locksmith can recommend the strongest, best locks for your home.
A home security alarm is one of the best ways to stop burglars from targeting your home. Several different systems are available at various prices, so choose the one that’s right for you.
The ones that don’t.
- Posting Alarm Signs
Why would you give the burglars information about your security system? This may provide them with enough information to bypass your system if they are the tech savvy sort of burglars.
- Hiding Your Valuables in the Bedroom
This is the oldest cliché in the book. Thieves aren’t likely to say, “Hey wait; that’s the master bedroom, we can’t go in there!” and will most exclusively be looking in your bedroom.
For all of your home insurance coverage needs to keep your home safe this summer and beyond, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We will work with you to ensure you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Your summer toys need to be maintained for them to function properly during the summer.
Summer is in full swing, and if you haven’t already taken out your summer toys for a stroll, you’re likely going to do it soon. RVs, motorcycles, and boats all need routine maintenance before you take them out. Vehicles’ condition in storage changes over time—despite its non-use. Here are some maintenance tips you can use to make sure that your summer toys stay in good shape and stay operational.
- If your RV wasn’t maintained indoors, away from the elements, it’s important to do a walk-around and inspect any damage that was done while in storage.
- Be aware of any air, fuel, coolant, filters, or hydraulics that need to be replaced.
- Clean your RV from the inside to make sure there was no perishables or mold growing in your RV.
- Even though the weather may be warm, it’s important that you always wear the appropriate gear to keep you as safe as possible.
- Before refilling your gas tank, make sure to look for any rust or condensation that may have built up over the winter months. The sooner you catch these issues, the easier you can get them fixed.
- Make sure that all your lights (tail, blinkers, instrument panel, and headlights) are functioning properly. Your visibility decreases—, especially at night.
- Wipe down the hull, deck, topsides, and windows.
- De-winterize your engine and check the oil and filters to see if they need to be replaced.
- Test all onboard electronics like your radio, compass, GPS, and depth finder to ensure they work properly.
You need to make sure that your summer toys function properly to avoid any disasters that could be quite costly. For all of your motor vehicle insurance needs in California, be sure to contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We are more than happy to help you get the coverage you deserve!
We all love discounts because they mean we’re going to be saving some money. Do you know how you can get a discount on your car insurance?
Each auto insurance company has different definitions on what “good driver” actually means. Most, however, fall into two categories that are quite easy to understand. Some companies offer discounts for every year you avoid an at-fault accident or moving violation. Other companies gauge your good driving based on your driving record over a period of years. Many of those companies have a three-year window.
How You Can Qualify for a Good Driver Discount
When determining if you qualify for a good driver discount, keep in mind that each company has different requirements for determining what qualifies as a good driver. Generally, it means these things.
- Having a clean driving record free of moving violations like speeding tickets, DUI/DWI, and reckless driving will certainly help your case for a good driver discount.
- You’ve avoided at-fault accidents, showing your insurance company that you are a responsible driver and are able to hold your own on the road. This is a nice green light for your insurance company and can help you acquire this discount.
- Being claims-free is a big bonus as well. The less hassle you cause your insurance company, the more inclined they’ll be to reward you a nice discount. If you keep driving claim-free for the time required by your insurance company, they’ll see this as a good sign and will be more likely to extend discounts to you.
As a good driver, you deserve to get a good driver discount and put some more money in your pocket! For all of your auto insurance needs in California, be sure to contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We are more than happy to help you get the coverage you deserve!
When you own a small business you’re in charge of every single detail and there are constant demands that require your attention . . . and your checkbook.
Business insurance is likely one of the items on a list you have that keep sucking money out of your business and your pocket. You should look at it as an investment, though, because it’s a very important part of your business that you’ll most likely eventually need—even if you are the most careful of business owners. To save more money on your insurance costs, follow these tips which you may find to be very useful.
- Check Your Deductible
A deductible is the amount of money you have to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance carrier steps in to cover you. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium is bound to be. This is because you are assuming a greater financial responsibility and will be paying more in the event of a claim than your otherwise would.
- Bundle Up
Some business owners purchase multiple policies to cover a variety of potential risks. Bundling, or purchasing each policy from the same vendor, may be something of which you can take advantage. Your insurance company may reward you for your loyalty and offer a discount.
- Review Your Coverages
Make sure that you are paying for exactly what your business needs. If you don’t have vehicles for your business, then why are you paying for commercial auto insurance? If you don’t need it, let the policies go. You’d be surprised how much money you can save by only paying for what you need.
For help managing your business’ expenses, having the right team of insurance experts behind you can give you the peace of mind that you deserve. Contact the experts at Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your small business insurance coverage needs. We will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection, all at the right price to fit your budget.
National Barbecue Month may be the best national month we have on record, and we don’t need to be told twice to go out and enjoy a delicious stack of ribs.
Country-style ribs that are cut from the loin are one of the most delicious things to which you’ll ever treat your taste buds. Need a recipe to prepare yours? These ribs are seasoned, boiled, then baked with your favorite barbeque sauce. If your mouth is watering right about now, get the ingredients and release your inner Bobby Flay!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 441 (per serving)
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 pounds country style pork ribs
- Place ribs in a large pot with enough water to cover. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Bring water to a boil and cook the ribs until tender.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Remove ribs from pot, and place them in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour barbeque sauce over ribs. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
We at Stromsoe Insurance Agency really want you to enjoy cooking these delicious ribs and hope they taste as good as your best expectation! National Barbecue Month lasts an entire 30 days, so be sure to use your BBQ sauce as often as you can and try many kinds of BBQ recipes to fill every delight your heart desires. And don’t forget that for all of your insurance needs throughout California, you can contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency
Pack your bags and your tent and get ready to sleep outdoors. It’s National Camping Month!
The outdoors has always given us a sense of wonder. After all, humanity spent the first 150,000 years of our species’ existence outdoors (approximately 75 percent of all human existence). Now, we live indoors and have used our smarts to shelter ourselves from the environment. So much so that it seems that we have completely severed our connection to nature. But that doesn’t have to be the case, especially during National Camping Month this June!
Sleeping in a tent allows us to hear the wind blow, the roar of the river, or the crashing of the waves. It removes this mask which blinds us all and puts us back on a more equal footing with all the species with which we used to share the planet. Experiencing nature as it was intended may give us a bit more respect for the land and the critters, which will undoubtedly make the world a better place.
The light source at any gathering usually come from light bulbs or televisions or phones. When you go camping, leave your phone behind and let the only source of light be the blaze of a warm fire. Share stories, cries, and laughs all in the same night. When you don’t have the distractions of a screen in front of your face, it’s amazing what is said around these campfires!
If camping has never been your thing, however, be sure to take advantage of this time to get to know the planet you are living on because it’s the only one we have.
A camping trip isn’t without its own set of risks, and to easily take care of the consequences that are tied with these risks you need a proper RV, Boat, Jet Ski or ATV insurance plan. To learn more about the different ways your insurance policies can protect you this summer, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in California.