- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped green onions
- 3 stocks, chopped celery
- 4 eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 cup creamy mayonnaise
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- handful of dill, chopped (optional)
To replace Mayonnaise
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad: 16 oz sour cream or Greek yogurt mixed with 1 packet ranch seasoning, 1 1/4 cups bacon, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup chopped red onion
Olive Oil & Herb Dressing: Blend the following in a small food processor – 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup reserved cooking water mixed, 1/3 cup lightly packed, roughly chopped fresh parsley and 2 cloves, roughly chopped garlic. Drizzle over potatoes and let rest for 10 minutes, gently tossing every few minutes.
- Boil eggs
- Cover the eggs in a saucepan with water
- Heat the pot on high heat and bring the water to a full rolling boil, turn off the heat
- Keep the pan on the hot burner, cover, and let sit for 10-12 minutes
- Strain the water from the pan and run cold water over the eggs to cool them quickly and stop them from cooking further.
- Cover chopped potatoes by 1 inch with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a paring knife and pulled out with little resistance, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done cooking, put them in a bowl to cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours. While potatoes are cooling, chop green onions, celery, hard boiled eggs and dill.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. This salad is best served within a few hours, but will keep in the refrigerator for about three days.
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 30 min Cool Time: 2 hr
Yields: 6 side servings
For more Independence day recipe ideas visit:
Comments are closed.