Insuring a manufactured or mobile home doesn’t have to be complicated, whether you live there year-round or seasonally. A manufactured or mobile home insurance policy provides coverage for your home, your personal belongings, and structures on the land you own, lease or rent, for things like fire, windstorm, falling objects, visitor injuries and more.
Mobile Home Insurance versus Homeowners Insurance
In terms of purpose and definition, mobile home insurance is much like standard homeowners insurance. If your manufactured home gets damaged, this insurance coverage offers you protection against financial hardship that may come with having to pay for the repairs or rebuild out of your own pocket.
Typically, a policy for a manufactured or mobile home covers the structure, electronics and appliances, furniture and clothing, a shed or other unattached structures and medical expenses and/or legal fees if someone is injured on your property. Similar to homeowners insurance, you’ll want to get additional coverage if you are concerned about possible damage from earthquake or flood.
Want to keep reading?
- When Should You File a Homeowner’s Insurance Claim?
- How to Lower Your Homeowners Insurance Premium
- Is Your Home Insured to its True Value?
What Does Mobile Home Insurance Cover?
Mobile home insurance provides coverage for the dwelling, personal belongings, liability coverage and more.
- Dwelling coverage: This coverage is for the actual manufactured or mobile dwelling as well as other permanent structures on the property. In other words, any damage done to your home or other structures on the property (like a deck, garage or shed) that is a covered peril is covered under your dwelling coverage.
- Personal property coverage: This coverage is for your personal belongings. If the items you own are damaged or stolen, your policy covers you, subject to your policy limitations.
- Liability coverage: This coverage is to protect you in the event someone is injured on your property and you are held liable. Liability protection may cover legal fees and medical costs up to your coverage limit.
- Additional Living Expenses: This coverage applies, up to the policy limits, when there is damage covered by your dwelling coverage that requires you to live somewhere else temporarily. This may include things like rent or hotel costs.
Make sure you understand the full scope of what is and isn’t covered before purchasing one of these policies, and that you can afford the full cost of repairs not covered.
Do You Need Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile home insurance isn’t mandated by law, but before negotiating with you, mortgage companies and mobile home parks can require evidence of insurance. Therefore, mobile home insurance is required for anybody who plans to get a mortgage or establish their home in a mobile home park.
Considering that a new manufactured home in the U.S. costs an average of $70,600, we recommend purchasing mobile home insurance to protect your home and belongings. While policies can be costly, forgoing coverage means putting yourself at risk of a large financial loss.
Questions? Want to learn more? Here’s 4 easy ways to reach us:
PS Here’s a few words from one client that trusts Stromsoe Insurance Agency:
“Let me start out by saying I have insured our “toys” with Stromsoe for years, and have always been very happy with service, responsiveness, et al. Today though, I called for a quote on a property we are starting escrow on in AZ, needing a quote for the lender for homeowners insurance. In AZ. (Did I mention it’s in Arizona?)
Bobby jumped on it, such a great personality! And because he heard the stress in my voice during our original call, wanted to make sure he had information for me by close of business. (Wow!) And .. well .. my other carrier (shall remain nameless) was more than FIVE TIMES the annual premium than what Bobby quoted me! Done deal. I know who I’m going with, and will stay with. Plus I get birthday cards. 😊 Mike Stromsoe and his entire staff .. just wonderful.”
Adria Poindexter – Murrieta, CA – Client Since 2015
PPS Every policy is backed by our iron clad, 100% complete satisfaction guarantee. Ask for your copy today!