Now that the feasting season is over, you should make new changes to your kitchen-based lifestyle that will change your life for the better.
Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hanukkah, and New Years are all holidays on which we stuff our faces and go a bit overboard with calories. But now that these holidays are over, and you made resolutions to eat healthier, you can turn to the new chapter of your dietary habits. Here are a few cooking resolutions you can make to change your life for the better.
- Prepare Everything on Sunday
Plan your meals a week ahead. This means buying your necessary groceries and doing some basic prep work. Cook potatoes and grains, wash and trim your vegetables, and stash everything in clear containers. When the weeknights come around, you may be surprised to find how much time you save during the busy nights.
- Sharpen Your Knives
Nothing is more annoying than trying to cut anything with a dull knife. It squishes the food and leaves it looking sad and depressed. Purchase a quality knife sharpener to take away the dullness of your blades and make slicing as easy as cutting through butter.
- Try a New Recipe Once a Week
Cooking the same thing every day can become taxing and outright boring. Go on YouTube and cook one new recipe every week. There are many channels that are dedicated to cooking, so find one that you like and subscribe for more delicious recipes.
- Snack on More Vegetables
Instead of eating Fritos or Cheetos, snack on carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, bell peppers, and other vegetables. Remember, your brain craves sugar and may not be hungry.
If we can ever help you in any way, please contact your Stromsoe Insurance Total Protection Team. Our team is here to make sure you and your family have the proper insurance protection, serving all of California.
The January 2017 update of Mike Stromsoe’s The Protection Coach® has arrived. This issue is jam-packed with all the latest news and tips for clients and friends of Stromsoe Insurance Agency.
The Protection Coach® – January 2017 (Click Here to Download)
Inside this edition..
- Creating A Home Inventory
- Car Insurance Rate Secrets
- Quick Tips: Surviving the January Blues
- Congratulations to James Saratinos & Patty Phillips of Patty’s Presto Pizza, our Awesome Clients of the Month. Thank you for your business!
Your home is one of the most important investments you can make, so it is important that you update your home insurance should these changes arise.
When it comes to maintaining good care of your home, you have enough to worry about. What with mortgage payments, upgrades, repairs, cleaning the gutters and the basement and everything in between–they are probably all on top of your to-do list. All the while your home insurance policy may not have seen the light of day since you have purchased your home. This is actually dangerous because you need to know about any discounts or glaring in your coverage. Here are a few instances in which you should review and update your home insurance policy.
- Remodeling – Your home is insured for what is in your home at the time of purchase. If you have remodeled your kitchen, bathroom, living room, etc., your home’s market value may have risen. If there’s an accident that damages your home, it will likely not cover any post-remodel expenses. Update your policy to match your home.
- Expensive Items – You have limited coverage, and while you may think that it is a lot of money, one expensive item may put your claim above that limit. If you purchase a big-ticket item, like art or jewelry, make sure it reflects on your policy.
- Lifestyle Changes – Have you retired? Have you quit smoking? These, and more, are lifestyle changes that may land you some big discounts when it comes to your premium
For all of your home insurance coverage needs to keep your home safe from fires and other covered dangers, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We will work with you to ensure you have the right coverage that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.
Distracted driving is one of the reasons that traffic accidents occur, so here are a few tips on how you can reduce and avoid distracted driving on the road.
As human beings, we believe that we are excellent drivers, but this is not always the case. We have delayed reaction times, and have short attention spans. To make it worse, we believe we are good at multitasking. Example? Texting, talking on the phone, snapchatting, changing the radio station, and talking to your passengers. Distracted drivers such as these account for 10 percent of all fatal crashes and 18 percent of all injury crashes, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Avoid becoming another statistic by following these few tips on how to avoid distracted driving.
Tips on how to avoid distracted driving:
- Take a Message – If you hear your phone ring, let your voice mail pick it up. It requires literally zero effort on your part and you can always call them back when you arrive to your destination.
- Pull Over – If you absolutely must talk or text while you are driving, make sure to pull off the road to a safe location. It keep you and other drivers safe.
- Use Voice-Activated Dialing – If you cannot get off the road and have to take the call immediately, you can always use your voice-activated system to take or dial a call.
- Don’t Be a Pig – Use your human intelligence to know that eating can be just as dangerous as texting, and avoid chomping down on your breakfast while you drive to work–or any meal anywhere.
When it comes to financially protecting your car, having the right team of insurance experts behind you can give you the peace of mind that you deserve. Contact the experts at Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your personal insurance coverage needs. We will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of protection, all at the right price to fit your budget.