Your summer toys need to be maintained for them to function properly during the summer.
Summer is in full swing, and if you haven’t already taken out your summer toys for a stroll, you’re likely going to do it soon. RVs, motorcycles, and boats all need routine maintenance before you take them out. Vehicles’ condition in storage changes over time—despite its non-use. Here are some maintenance tips you can use to make sure that your summer toys stay in good shape and stay operational.
- If your RV wasn’t maintained indoors, away from the elements, it’s important to do a walk-around and inspect any damage that was done while in storage.
- Be aware of any air, fuel, coolant, filters, or hydraulics that need to be replaced.
- Clean your RV from the inside to make sure there was no perishables or mold growing in your RV.
- Even though the weather may be warm, it’s important that you always wear the appropriate gear to keep you as safe as possible.
- Before refilling your gas tank, make sure to look for any rust or condensation that may have built up over the winter months. The sooner you catch these issues, the easier you can get them fixed.
- Make sure that all your lights (tail, blinkers, instrument panel, and headlights) are functioning properly. Your visibility decreases—, especially at night.
- Wipe down the hull, deck, topsides, and windows.
- De-winterize your engine and check the oil and filters to see if they need to be replaced.
- Test all onboard electronics like your radio, compass, GPS, and depth finder to ensure they work properly.
You need to make sure that your summer toys function properly to avoid any disasters that could be quite costly. For all of your motor vehicle insurance needs in California, be sure to contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We are more than happy to help you get the coverage you deserve!