Your kids won’t even know how much they are learning with these fun apps!
It is never to early to teach your children about the importance of being financially savvy. Sitting your kids down and explaining your retirement plan to them may be enough to put them to sleep, though. Luckily, there are plenty of fun, kid-friendly apps that can give your kids more financial know-how. Consider downloading these apps to get them on their way to financial stability.
For learning to balance a bank account
Bankaroo. This free app is designed for kids ages 5 to 13 and helps your kids keep track of their allowance and other money through a virtual bank. Your kids can enter their virtual allowance amount, set savings goals, and debit any money that they spend. Parents can also make one-time virtual gifts, match their kid’s savings, or schedule allowance payments.
For teaching the value of a dollar
Renegade Buggies. Kids ages 13 and up can race shopping carts down the street of this game, picking up dollars, coins, and products. Once they make it through the course, they have to figure out which of the items they picked up will give them the best bang for their buck. If they miss a money saving opportunity or take too long, a message will help steer them in the right direction.
To encourage entrepreneurship
Motion Math: Cupcake. Kids ages 9 to 11 are able to set up their own virtual cupcake shop that is open to the “public.” Those customers place orders phrased as word problems to help kids work on their math skills. Teaching money skills using something that kids find exciting, like cupcakes, helps to keep them engaged.
When it comes to keeping your finances stable, having the right insurance policies can help you reach your goals. Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance coverage needs.
A safety management plans is an essential tool for all businesses.
One of the most important parts of owning a business is making sure that your employees are safe at work every day. Creating a safety management plan is the best way to reach this goal. Use these tips to help you create a safety management plan that will work best for your company.
- Show management involvement – your management has to lead by example. Visibly demonstrating that you care about the safety of your company’s employees can go a long way in creating a safe culture.
- Communicate clearly – if your employees don’t know what your safety management plan is, they won’t be able to follow it. Regularly give employees updates of your plan and keep them informed on any changes that have been made.
- Create involvement – when employees are actively involved, your safety program can be much more successful.
- Provide proper training – all employees should know exactly what they can do to stay safe at work each day. Provide all essential safety equipment to employees as needed.
- Make improvements – your first safety plan is bound to have flaws. Taking the time to review and revise your plan will help to ensure that everything is being done to help your employees stay safe.
- Thoroughly investigate all incidents – accidents happen, even with the most comprehensive safety plan. All injuries need to be investigated and documented to help you find ways to improve your safety plan so the same accidents don’t happen twice.
Not only will having a strong safety management plan in place work to keep your employees safe, it can also help you save on your workers’ compensation coverage. For all of your business insurance needs to give you the peace of mind that you deserve as a California business owner, contact the independent insurance experts at Stromsoe Insurance Agency.
These discounts will help you save green while going green.
Going green has quickly become a way of life. From reusable bags at the grocery store to hybrid vehicles, you can be more environmentally friendly in almost every aspect of your life. Not only can going green help the planet, but it can also help you save money. Consider these green insurance policies that can help you start saving some green.
For your home:
- If your home meets the stringent standards for sustainability and efficiency laid out by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Building Rating System, or LEED, you can benefit from home insurance premium discounts.
- Homeowners who generate their own solar, geothermal, or wind power and sell their excess power back to the local power grid can get their utility charges covered.
- Replacing certain systems or materials with eco-friendly options can lead to a discount on your home insurance policy. You may also get a discount if you replace your old, outdated appliances with new, Energy Star rated models.
For your vehicle:
- If you drive a car that uses an alternative fuel, such as electricity, biodiesel, natural gas, ethanol, or hydrogen, you may be able to start enjoying a discount.
- Hybrid vehicle owners can benefit from a discount of up to 10 percent on their auto insurance rates. These discounts may even apply to your hybrid-electric boat.
- Pay as you drive (PAYD) programs are offered by various insurance companies and will track your speed and the number of miles that you drive each day. That information will then be used to help determine your auto insurance costs and any possible discounts. If you’re going green by biking or walking, this can help you save!
For all of your insurance coverage needs, whether you are ready to make the jump to being more eco-friendly or not, contact the insurance professionals at Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We can help you find the right California insurance policies, all at the right price.
Flash floods can happen very quickly and with little or no warning. Know how to stay safe!
There is no way to deny that El Nino is here. With the recent storms that drenched Southern California, there has never been a better time to ensure you are ready for whatever Mother Nature has in store for the rest of the storm system. One of the most important steps you can take is to create a plan of how to handle a flash flood. This guide to floods and your insurance coverage can help to keep you safe when the water starts rising.
If a flash flood watch is issued, it does not mean that a flood is currently happening. It simply means that the conditions are right for a flash flood to occur. During a flash flood watch, listen for any weather updates and emergency instructions. You should also have a plan of where to go if a flash flood does occur.
A flash flood warning is issued when a flash flood is imminent or is currently happening. During a flood warning, you should get to higher ground and listen to your TV or radio to find out if you need to evacuate. If you are at home, unplug all electrical appliances and turn off gas and electricity at the main source. If you are driving, avoid driving through flood waters, even if they look shallow. Water that is deeper than 2 feet can easily sweep your car away.
Keep in mind that your home insurance policy will not provide any coverage for damage that is done during a flood; only a flood insurance policy will. For all of your insurance coverage needs to keep you safe and dry this El Nino, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We will work with you to ensure you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.