What You Need To Know About Tire Pressure
When you think of your car’s safety features, what comes to mind? The seatbelt? Antilock braking system? Side airbags? Your tires may not be your first thought, but they should be!
Your vehicle’s four tires are your only point of connection with the road. When they do not properly function, you are in serious danger of skidding off the road or into another vehicle. Without proper tire pressure, your vehicle could hydroplane during a rainstorm. Low pressure also makes it more difficult for your car to come to a quick stop and for your tire’s to grip the road. Obviously, this is something you want to avoid, but how do you avoid underinflated tires?
One of the best things you can do to ensure your tires keep your car safely on the road is pay attention to its tire pressure. Even if your vehicle has a tire pressure monitoring system, it will not alert you until your vehicle is 25 percent below the recommended psi! That is why it is important to not rely entirely on your car’s monitoring system.
What can you do? First, regularly check your tire pressure. It is a quick and easy thing to do and could save your life! Then, when you do fill up your tires, experts recommend setting them at three psi above what is recommended in your owner’s manual. This gives you more cushion (literally!), since tires deflate over time.
Caring for your tires can help you stay safe out on the road, but to be truly protected you need great auto insurance. To get the right California coverage, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency today!
The True Cost Of Being Uninsured
If you are looking for ways to save money, you may be thinking of slashing your insurance coverage. You could pocket the money you are currently putting towards your premiums, right? Possibly, but that is only assuming you never get into a car accident, get sick, face a house fire, or find yourself in another expensive unexpected situation. While you know the cost of your insurance coverage, have you considered the cost of being uninsured? Here is a look at the many risks of being uninsured.
- Financial: We alluded to it above, but by foregoing insurance you put yourself in the path of serious money troubles. Say, for example, that a major storm sweeps through your area and significantly damages your home. Without homeowners insurance, you have to figure out how to not just pay to rebuild your home, but also how to replace all of the personal property you had stored inside, including expensive electronics, art, and jewelry. Are you ready for that kind of expense?
- Health: Without health insurance, you are not just breaking the law, you are also putting your health at risk. Without health coverage, you are not nearly as likely to go in for a standard check up, and will be missing out on potentially lifesaving preventative care.
- Friends & Family: If you find yourself facing a financial burden you cannot bear, it could trickle over to your loved ones. Beyond putting your immediate family in dire financial straits, going uninsured can leave everyone close to you feeling stressed for you.
If you want to save money, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency instead of dropping your coverage all together. As California insurance experts, we can help tailor your coverage to meet your exact needs – including your budget. For the best coverage at the best price, call us today!
Just Starting Out? Use These Tips
Having a baby changes your life. Everything from the food you eat to the friends you have will likely change once you bring your new little one home! Of course, your financial situation will have to change as well. On top of having another mouth to feed, you also get to start thinking about fun things like college savings and life insurance. To help you successfully manage your money as your family grows, here is some financial advice for new parents.
- Start Saving: As new parents, you should have two types of savings accounts set up. The first should be an emergency fund and you should try to keep it stocked with around six months of living expenses. This ensures that even if you lose your job or find yourself facing a big bill you did not expect, your family can continue to live comfortably. The second type of account you need is a college savings plan. Talk to a financial adviser to determine the best type of account to save for college with the best tax benefits.
- Get Insured: Since you now have another little person who is relying entirely on you for financial security, it is important you protect yourself against money troubles. The good news is you can do just that with insurance! For example, disability insurance ensures that even if you have to stop working, your family still has income and life insurance will protect your family as they transition to life without your paycheck. Talk to an insurance expert to get the right coverage for your changing family.
As we talked about above, one way you can help set yourself up for financial success is by carrying the right insurance coverage to ensure an unforeseen event never drains your bank account. To get the policies you need for financial stability for your growing family, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency.
Salmon Burgers For Summer
During the summer, everyone seems to be lighting up their grill. While the barrage of burgers and hot dogs is great for a time, after a couple of months of eating these heavy foods you might be ready for an alternative, healthy option. Fortunately, you can get it! For a fresh twist on the classic burger, whip up this recipe for a delicious salmon burger to enjoy this summer.
To make them, you will need:
- 1 cup of finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup of thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 1-pound skinned salmon fillet, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 egg white
- Cooking spray
- 8 slices of focaccia
- Your favorite burger toppings (e.g. sliced tomato, lettuce, sliced onion)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, basil, salmon, salt, and pepper, mixing with your hands until well blended. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and egg white. Add it into the salmon mixture and mix well.
Separate the salmon mixture into four patties about a ½ inch thick. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high. Add the patties and cook until done (about 3 minutes each side). Meanwhile, toast your focaccia.
Serve the patties sandwiched between the focaccia with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Personally, we love a squeeze of lemon and a few capers to really zest up this burger.
We hope you love this tasty recipe! For all of your California insurance needs, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency today!