Eliminating Liability Risks This Summer
Summer is finally here, which means many individuals and families are getting ready to take out their summer toys. As fun as trampolines, boats, and swimming pools may be, there are associated risks that you will want to have covered under the proper insurance policies. Before heading out to enjoy summer to the fullest, be sure to confirm adequate coverage.
Summer Insurance For Summer Toys
- Trampolines – While you may think that your backyard will be perfect once you add a trampoline to the mix, you must consider the liability risks associated with this attractive nuisance. In fact, your homeowners insurance may not even provide you with coverage for your trampoline, so be sure to confirm your coverage before purchasing a trampoline.
- Swimming Pools – Before installing a swimming pool in your backyard, be sure to discuss this addition with your homeowners insurance agent. Since many insurers exclude coverage for pools, this is extremely important. There are so many liability risks associated with pool ownership that must be accounted for.
- Boats – If you will finally be taking your boat out of storage and voyaging various waters, make sure to update your boat insurance coverage before heading out. Also, be sure to let your insurer know which waters you plan to venture in because you may need additional coverage for different navigational waters.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs. Whether you are looking to insure your trampoline, swimming pool, or any other summer toy, we will be your one stop shop for everything insurance related! Allow us to provide you with summer insurance in California that allows you to enjoy your fun in the sun without a worry in the world.
Understanding Commercial Auto Coverage
Commercial auto insurance is necessary for any business that that use cars, trucks, vans, or any other type of vehicle to conduct business operations. Without this essential coverage, you leave your business assets vulnerable to financial harm.
Common Commercial Auto Insurance Questions:
- How do I know if I need a commercial auto insurance policy? There are a variety of factors that may mean it is time to obtain commercial auto insurance protection. If you deliver customers, food, goods, or anything else for a fee, it is time to seek a commercial auto insurance policy. A safe rule of thumb is to contact your commercial insurance agent once your operations require vehicles.
- Do I need to purchase more liability coverage than a standard auto insurance policy? Most likely, yes. Generally, these policies come with more liability coverage already, but you will need to look into exactly how much liability insurance would best protect your business assets.
- Am I going to need special coverage when using commercial vehicles to operate business? You can customize your commercial auto insurance policy to meet your unique needs. Each policy comes with standard coverage, but you and your commercial insurance agent can discuss additional coverage options that may be necessary to protect your business to the fullest.
- Am I going to need to list each of my employees as drivers under my policy? Yes, you will need to add your employees to your policy. However, this is much more favorable than a personal auto insurance policy where there are often complications associated with listing multiple drivers under one policy.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California commercial insurance needs. You deserve to feel confident in the protection of your commercial vehicles. Allow us to help you obtain commercial auto insurance in California that optimizes your protection.
Ensuring Your Identity Is Protected From The Cyber World
Unfortunately, in today’s day and age, nearly everyone has experienced a stolen identity. As identity theft continues to grow in commonality and as we become more and more dependent on technology, it is important that you learn of ways in which you can avoid this common occurrence.
Ways To Prevent Identity Theft:
- While you may think that it is smart to have all important documentation on you at all times in case you need to retrieve information, this is extremely dangerous and leaves you especially vulnerable to identity theft. Unpack your wallet or purse or all important documents that you do not need on a daily basis.
- You must be careful of shoulder surfers. This includes when you are entering your PIN at a public place to make a payment.
- How often do you check your bank statements? This is one of the most important things you can do as it will allow you to detect any problems as soon as they occur. Informing your bank or credit company right when you see one suspicious charge will ensure that you do not become responsible for the charges and you can cancel your cards to avoid additional charges.
- While you may see no harm in leaving your mail sit in the mailbox each week and only collecting it periodically, this leaves you extremely vulnerable to identity theft.
- Each homeowner should have a paper shredder in their house so that they can properly dispose of documents with sensitive information on them. Despite popular action, simply shredding them by hand may not do the trick.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California identity theft insurance needs. We can help you obtain the right identity theft insurance in California until you are protected from the unpredictable nature of the cyber world.
As you prepare for summer’s arrival and the excitement builds as you send out invitations for pool parties at your house, it is important that you consider ways in which you can reduce your liabilities. Unfortunately your water oasis comes with unique vulnerabilities that you must account for. First, you must obtain the necessary swimming pool insurance in California, and then you must implement the following safety measures.
Pool Safety Tips:
- Precautionary measures are extremely important in ensuring your pool does not leave you vulnerable to litigious action. By installing a four foot fence with a self-latching gate, you can help to enhance safety in and around your swimming pool. You can also take extra measures and buy a surface alarm that lets you know when a breach has occurred.
- Did you know that you are liable for any injuries or accidents that take place in your pool? Yes, even if someone jumps your fence and suffers from an injury after enjoying an unsupervised and unwelcomed dip.
- Most importantly, set some sound ground rules. These rules should include no running, no swimming while unsupervised, and no diving.
Pool Safety Toolkit:
- Make sure that you have a stocked first aid kit on deck for emergency situations.
- You should also have a portable telephone to call 911 so that you do not have to run inside to grab a phone if there is an accident that needs tending to.
- A flotation device is a must! This will help you save someone that is in trouble.
- You should also have a pair of strong scissors in your pool safety toolkit so that you can help someone if their hair, clothing, or the pool cover gets caught and creates a dangerous situation.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California homeowners insurance needs. Allow us to help you obtain swimming pool insurance in California so that you can feel confident in your pool’s security.