The Guide To Freshening Your Home This Spring
As we say goodbye to winter (albeit a fortunately mild one for us Californians), we get to throw open the windows of our homes and quite literally shake off the dust of the winter. So you can get the most of your spring-cleaning and home maintenance, use this brief guide.
- Stainless Steel: Clean and protect your stainless steel with a wax-based aerosol spray. Continue to mist your stainless steel with this product once a week throughout the year to keep it gleaming.
- Closet Organization: Use the new season to rearrange your closet, pulling out your summer clothes and packing up your winter sweaters. Get rid of any clothing you have not worn in the last year, and donate the clothes to a local charity.
- Painted Walls: Before you get out your paint bucket and drop cloth, try to address the stains on your painted walls with a clean cloth moistened with water and a little dishwashing liquid. Try to stay away from stronger stain removers, which have solvents and can damage your paint.
- Carpet: Do not forget to change the filter on your vacuum before you start cleaning your carpet, as a dirty filter will just blow grime back into the air. Spot treat stains in your carpet as you move vacuuming from room to room.
- Tile: You can create your own neutral pH solution at home to properly clean and care for your tile. Just mix ½ cup of baking soda into two gallons of water. This mixture is ideal for getting tile clean without damaging it.
Do not leave your home exposed and unprotected after all of the hard work you put into cleaning it. For all of your homeowner’s insurance needs in California, contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is here to ensure your home is covered this spring and beyond.