Do You Have The Protection You Need For Your New Home?
Moving is always hectic. You have to get every single thing you own (not to mention those unruly family members!) from point A to point B, but even after the move is done you do not get to stop there. You still have all of the fun of unpacking ahead! To make this process less stressful, it is important to have your insurance coverage figured out well in advance of moving day. To help, here are a few questions to consider.
- Can My Policy Move With Me? Because your new home is, well, new, it will need a new policy. Your new place comes with its own unique exposures and risks that your previous policy will likely be insufficient to cover.
- What About My Old House? If you are leaving your old house vacant while you are waiting for it to sell or on the hunt for renters, carry vacant home coverage for it. Vandals and thieves can take advantage of an unattended house, but this type of policy can protect you from paying out of pocket to restore the house in which you are no longer living.
- When Should I Get Coverage? In most cases, you will need to provide proof of insurance before you close on your new home. Even if this is not required of you, it is a good idea to have coverage from day one to protect your important investment. Your policy could even protect your belongings while they are being moved from your old house.
Fortunately, an insurance expert can make answering these questions and getting the coverage you need a snap! Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California homeowner’s insurance needs. Do not leave your new place without the protection it deserves.
Three Ways An Independent Insurance Agent Can Serve You
Let’s face it- some agents are just better than others. A secret agent is better than an IRS agent (no offense). A cleaning agent is better than an infectious agent. In the same way, an independent insurance agent is better than a captive insurance agent. Here are a few reasons to consider working with an independent agent to get your coverage.
- Advocacy: You are not an insurance expert, so you should not have to go toe-to-toe with major insurance providers when you have an issue with your claim. Fortunately, with an independent agent you will not have to. Your agent can advocate for you, ensuring you never overpay for your coverage. Furthermore, he or she can help you file your claim in the first place to avoid snafus down the road.
- Options: Unlike a captive agency that can only offer you plans from one insurance provider, an independent agent can show you policies from every provider with whom he or she works. This makes it easier for you to find the right policy to meet your specific needs, ensuring you do not overpay for coverage you will not use or get left facing a gap in coverage.
- Savings: Similarly, because your agent can show you plans from multiple providers, you can compare prices for comparable coverage. This means that you can shop quotes without having to do the hard work of collecting those quotes, which will mean more money in your wallet for less effort.
You deserve to have an independent insurance agent secure you the fullest coverage at the most competitive price. Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs. We are here to ensure you have a friend in the insurance industry.
Tips for Saving on Groceries With Little Effort
Are you one of the many individuals who complain about how much is spent on groceries each week? Often, we go to the grocery store with an eye that has a larger appetite than our tummies, leaving us with a cart filled to the brim and a wallet begging for relief. If saving money on grocery shopping is a top priority for you in 2015, allow these helpful tips for saving on groceries to help:
- Going to the grocery store while you are hungry can be extremely dangerous. To avoid over purchasing to accommodate for your growling belly, have a snack before heading to the store. This will help you make more logical purchases.
- It is vital that you make a grocery list. While you may be inclined to skip out on this task and head to the store with a mental list, this will not only make it so that you leave the store missing essential items, but you will also end up spending more on items you did not really need in the first place.
- There are a variety of ways in which you can organize your grocery list, including smartphone applications that provide the utmost convenience. Try downloading “Out of Milk,” which will organize your grocery list by category so that you do not have to waste your precious time at the grocery store going back and forth looking for items.
- A great money saving strategy that is easy to employ is looking in your fridge and pantry to see what you still have left over from last week’s trip to the store. Many individuals fail to check what they already have and end up with two-dozen eggs when they are only in need of one.
We hope these helpful tips for saving on groceries allow you to fill your pantry and fridge without breaking the bank. Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to provide you with ultimate security in all areas of your life.