Avoid The Mistake Of Underinsuring Your Home
In order to feel secure within your home, you must feel confident in your homeowners’ insurance policy. Yet, many homeowners fail to give their homeowners’ insurance policy the attention it deserves. When was the last time you updated your homeowners’ insurance policy? We want you to be receiving the protection you deserve, which is why we have gathered a few common situations that may mean you are underinsured:
- If you recently upgraded your home and conducted home renovations, chances are you are enjoying your new deck without sufficient coverage. There are so many planning measures associated with home renovations that many homeowners fail to update their policy. Failure to do so can result in insufficient coverage when you are in need of insurance most.
- Before having construction performed on your home, make sure to request a total component-rebuilding estimate. Often, insufficient coverage occurs because higher construction costs of today are not properly factored into your coverage. Since you have insured your home for the cost to replace it if a devastating disaster occurred, it is important that you factor in higher construction costs.
- If you live in an older home, it is important that you consider the unique characteristics of your home. Many older homes are constructed with higher quality materials and top quality craftsmanship when compared to the materials used in modern homes. Therefore, you must discuss these unique characteristics with your homeowners’ insurance agent to ensure that your beautiful home is receiving ultimate protection.
Please do not hesitate to give us a call to confirm coverage of your homeowners’ insurance policy. Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California homeowners’ insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to provide you with the protection you deserve.
Accomplishing Your Goals In 2015
January is almost over, which means it is time to reflect upon how well you are doing with accomplishing your New Year’s Resolutions. If you have set forth to incorporate healthy living habits in the New Year but are finding it more difficult than previously anticipated, try to add these habits for a healthier life into your routine:
- How often do you reflect upon the good in life? To start feeling more positive each day, utilize a gratitude jar. Using a mason jar, simply write something that you are grateful each day and add it to your jar. Whenever you are feeling down, read some of your most gracious moments.
- By human nature, we are always striving to learn more. In 2015, set forth to learn a new skill. Whether you choose to learn how to make homemade sushi or learn how to spin like a pro, learning a new skill will make for a healthier and happier New Year.
- Even if you do not have weight loss goals, getting regular exercise is extremely important for our bodies. Strive to take a nightly walk after dinner each night to get your blood pumping!
- Eating healthier in 2015 can be as simple as just cooking at home as opposed to eating out. Limit yourself to one lunch and one dinner meal at a restaurant and your body will be thanking you.
- What is your weakness? Do you have a bad habit that brings you down? Do you have a sweet tooth? Do you smoke cigarettes? Do you indulge on soda daily? Make an effort in 2015 to replace one of your bad habits with a good one. For example, if your fix is soda, make an effort to drink fruit infused water instead.
We hope you start incorporating these habits for a healthy life and find success in 2015! Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to provide you with ultimate security in all areas of your life.
Life Insurance Protection For Future Security
Life insurance is one of the most important financial safeguards an individual can have. Whether you have just jumpstarted your career or are living happily with financial stability today, life insurance provides your loved ones with security for the future. To further convince you of its importance, gathered are just a few of the reasons why you need life insurance protection:
- Experiencing a death in the family is one of the most overwhelming, sorrowful moments we go through. However, this experience is eased significantly when you have a life insurance policy that will provide your loved ones with financial assistance during this difficult time.
- If sending your child to college is one of your top aspirations, you can utilize a term life insurance policy to guarantee that your wish is granted. These policies can be set for a certain time limit so that your needs can be fulfilled in immediate time.
- Not many people realize how expensive funerals can be until they are faced with the unfortunate. To take this burden off of the plate of your loved ones, utilize death expensive coverage that a life insurance policy provides.
- If you plan to leave an inheritance to your heirs, it is important that you calculate the cost of inheritance taxes. However, if you have a life insurance policy, your coverage will take care of those expenses.
If you are ready to attain financial stability for the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call to discuss your life insurance needs. With so many different types of life insurance policies to choose from, making the purchase can be confusing and overwhelming. We promise to be your guiding hand and help you make an informed decision between a term life insurance policy and a whole life insurance policy.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California life insurance needs.
Common Perils Homeowners Are Faced With
In securing your home and family from disaster, you have obtained a homeowners insurance policy. Unfortunately, that policy comes with some unique homeowners insurance claims that you must be weary of. There are a variety of different types of claims that homeowners are faced with, but we believe the following, costly claims should be avoided whenever possible:
- One of the most common misunderstood areas of a homeowners insurance policy is water damage coverage. Insurance carriers have clear distinguishing factors that determine whether damage caused by water is covered or not. Any water that enters from the outside is known as flood damage, which is specifically excluded from coverage of your homeowners insurance policy. In contrast, a burst pipe would constitute as water damage, which is covered. To combat this issue, you will need to obtain a separate flood insurance policy.
- One of the costliest of homeowners insurance claims are dog bite liability claims. If you have recently welcomed a pooch into the family, it is important that you practice non-aggressive tendencies with your pup and enroll them in a behavioral class. Additionally, make sure to put your pet in a safe location away from guests when having a party to reduce your liability risks.
- Far too many of us assume that living in California means we do not need to prepare our homes against storms. Unfortunately, this habit often leaves Californians in harm’s way when a disaster arrives, since none of the preventative measures have been taken. Look for ways to conduct winter weather protection on your home so that it can prevail through the changing seasons.
Are you receiving adequate coverage? Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency for all of your California homeowners insurance needs. Allow us to increase the limits of your homeowners insurance policy to ensure you are receiving maximum protection.