While everyone knows the standard insurance policies such as life insurance, auto insurance, and homeowners insurance, there are some unique insurance coverage options that many did not believe existed. Did you know that you could actually get coverage for your body parts or even your favorite wine? Gathered is a list of 6 things you most definitely did not know you could insure, which will wow your mind:
- Ben Turpin was the first celebrity to insure a body part, however, dozens of celebrities have followed the trend in recent years. This silent film actor chose to insure his eyes if they ever became uncrossed for $25,000.
- It seems like the ante has increased over the years, as super model Heidi Klum chose to insure her legs for $2 million and actress Jamie Lee Curtis insured her legs for $2.8 million!
- Winemaker, Ilja Gort a Dutch insured his nose for $8 million to ensure that he can continue making his famous Chateau de la Garde in Bordeaux. Based on terms of this insurance policy, the famous winemaker cannot breathe fire, or participate in any winter sports.
- Australian cricket player, Merv Hughes insured his moustache, claiming that it is the main attributing factor of his success.
- We have all seen the alien abduction movies, but did you know that you could actually join the thousands of Americans who have chosen to insure themselves against this fear? So far, over $10 million in insurance policies have been drafted against alien abductions.
- Famous food critic, Egon Ronay actually insured his taste buds for a whopping $400,000!
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs. We will provide you with the right amount of insurance coverage to insure your most important valuables!