While everyone knows the standard insurance policies such as life insurance, auto insurance, and homeowners insurance, there are some unique insurance coverage options that many did not believe existed. Did you know that you could actually get coverage for your body parts or even your favorite wine? Gathered is a list of 6 things you most definitely did not know you could insure, which will wow your mind:
- Ben Turpin was the first celebrity to insure a body part, however, dozens of celebrities have followed the trend in recent years. This silent film actor chose to insure his eyes if they ever became uncrossed for $25,000.
- It seems like the ante has increased over the years, as super model Heidi Klum chose to insure her legs for $2 million and actress Jamie Lee Curtis insured her legs for $2.8 million!
- Winemaker, Ilja Gort a Dutch insured his nose for $8 million to ensure that he can continue making his famous Chateau de la Garde in Bordeaux. Based on terms of this insurance policy, the famous winemaker cannot breathe fire, or participate in any winter sports.
- Australian cricket player, Merv Hughes insured his moustache, claiming that it is the main attributing factor of his success.
- We have all seen the alien abduction movies, but did you know that you could actually join the thousands of Americans who have chosen to insure themselves against this fear? So far, over $10 million in insurance policies have been drafted against alien abductions.
- Famous food critic, Egon Ronay actually insured his taste buds for a whopping $400,000!
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs. We will provide you with the right amount of insurance coverage to insure your most important valuables!
Thanksgiving is a time of giving back and showing those around you how much you appreciate everything they do on a daily basis. In giving back this Thanksgiving, there are a variety of ways in which you can spread the holiday cheer to those less fortunate. Whether you choose to volunteer at a local charity or simply show your gratitude to another, giving back makes the world a better place. Gathered are a variety of ways in which you can give back this Thanksgiving:
- Nearly every county has a nonprofit organization that accepts donations during the holidays to help the hungry during Thanksgiving. While the anticipation for the delicious feast continues to build, think about how others will not have the opportunity to enjoy a warm turkey and stuffing on this day.
- Supporting a local food drive on Thanksgiving is a great way to give back during the holidays. Whether you choose to donate food, money, or even volunteer at the food drive, this will mean the world to those who get to enjoy a warm meal on Thanksgiving.
- Imagine the sorrow of not being able to spend the holidays with your family. Our troops overseas will not be seeing their family this holiday season, nor will they be enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner. Therefore, sending a care package or phone card to our soldiers is a great way to spread the holiday cheer and make a difference.
- Rather than shoving your freezer with a bunch of Thanksgiving leftovers that will likely end up being tossed, why not bring your leftovers to a homeless family or shelter instead.
To find out how you can help your community this Thanksgiving, simply Google search “charity volunteer for Thanksgiving in [your city]!”Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs.
The recent mass safety recall of millions of cars with faulty air bags has many motorists wondering how to appropriately handle car recalls. Rather than panicking, simply take a deep breath and follow the guidelines on the safety recall notice. We want you to feel at ease when handling this common situation, which is why we have gathered all the must-know information regarding safety recalls:
Car recalls mean a problem has been detected, and the dealer or manufacturer has a plan for how to fix the problem. Recalls are typically handled in three ways. You will either have the part repaired, replaced, or you will receive reimbursement for the faulty item. This direction will allow you to determine your next course of action.
- While you may be inclined to worry about how this recall will affect your auto insurance premium, it is important to realize that as long as you follow the directions of the recall notice, you will not receive negative penalties. In fact, if the recall streamlines on the headlines in the media, you may end up receiving a discount on your auto insurance premium. Often, mass recalls that hit the headlines decrease the value of your car, meaning a less expensive replacement cost value.
- The only way a safety recall can negatively impact your auto insurance premium is if you ignore the notice altogether. For example, if your recalled airbag ends up causing serious injury to a passenger in your car because you failed to tend to the recall, you may be held liable for the damages and injuries inflicted.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California auto insurance needs. If you have recently received a safety recall notice, please do not hesitate to give us a call to discuss your next course of action and see if your premium will be decreasing as a result.
Insurance is one of the most important security tools an individual or business can have, but it is also one of the most commonly misunderstood topics. Whether you have questions regarding your auto insurance, homeowners insurance, or business insurance, we hope this informational sheet of common insurance questions will clear up any misunderstandings:
- My auto insurance agent just asked if I wanted full glass coverage, is it worth it? This extra protection measure will provide you with coverage when the glass windows of your car experience physical damage. This includes when a pebble hits your window and causes it to crack. This extra insurance will likely exclude coverage for mirrors.
- My boat is covered under my homeowners insurance, right? Depending on the size of your boat, you may receive limited coverage for your boat under your homeowners’ insurance policy. However, in order to be 100% confident in your boat’s security, it is important that you seek professional advice based on your particular scenario before heading out on the water. You may need a separate boat insurance policy for optimal protection.
- Umbrella insurance policies are unnecessary, right? Unfortunately, since lawsuits are more common now than ever, umbrella insurance policies can benefit nearly every individual and every business. Whether your dog decides to protect you by biting an aggressive neighbor or your son’s friend slips and falls on your property, your umbrella insurance policy will provide you with optimal protection.
- What is replacement cost verses actual cash value? These are two unique reimbursement methods that will determine how you are compensated after a covered peril. Replacement cost is typically more expensive because it provides you with the appraised value of the item. In contrast, actual cash value provides you with an amount after the depreciation of the items are calculated.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs. If you have any remaining questions, feel free to give us a call! We are available around the clock to answer any questions you may have.