Identity theft is becoming a common problem in today’s society. Unfortunately, as technology advances, so do the minds and capabilities of cyber attackers and hackers. These criminals have become skilled in password guessing and privacy invasion. Gathered are some helpful tips for preventing identity theft, so that you and your identity can feel confident in your security:
- One of the most vital steps in protecting your identity is password protection. Criminals know the common combinations that make up most passwords, stressing the importance of choosing a unique password that does not have connections to your middle name, high school jersey number, street address, pet’s name, etc. We recommend combining letters, numbers, unique words, symbols, and both capital and lower case letters to deter criminals. For example, “B0ot$!” would be a clever password that would be difficult to guess.
- Protection starts with the security of the technology you store and access your sensitive data on. There are a variety of software programs you can install into your devices that will actually safeguard your identity to the fullest. If you are not sure which software to download, ask a computer retailer for their professional advice.
- Stop traveling with your sensitive information! How many rarely used credit cards can be found in your wallet? Do a thorough cleaning of your wallet and take out anything that holds your sensitive information but does not need to be carried around with you.
- It is imperative that you invest in a water shredder so that all sensitive documents can be disposed of properly. This will ensure that your information does not get in the wrong hands.
We hope these helpful tips assist in avoiding identity theft, but often there is nothing you can do to prevent such an occurrence. If you suspect that your identity has been stolen, do not hesitate to ask us for professional advice and assistance. Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs.
Happy Halloween from the Stromsoe Insurance Agency Team! With Halloween just a little over a week away, you may be rushing to get the right costume together for your kiddos. We understand this transition into the holiday season can be both an exciting and overwhelming time for parents, which is why we have gathered some Halloween costume ideas for you to try, as well as trick or treating safety tips so that you can have the perfect Halloween with your family:
Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas:
- Mary had a little lamb: Simply dress your little tike in all black and then use fabric glue to attach cotton balls to their black leotard. You can quickly make the ears out of black felt.
- Raining cats and dogs: Pick up a clear umbrella from your local store and use black cat and black dog stickers to cover the umbrella. Dress your kiddo up in their raincoat and rain boots and the look is perfected!
- A vine of grapes: Simply pick up a bag of purple balloons filled up and use glue to cover your child in them.
Trick or Treating Safety Tips:
- Always look both ways before crossing and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Bring your cell phone with you just in case of an emergency, but do not make it a distraction.
- Make sure that your child’s costume is made of nonflammable material and that vision is not obstructed. You may want to indulge in face paint to avoid costume masks. However, make sure that you test the face paint on a more remote location of their body to avoid an allergic reaction.
Happy Halloween from the Stromsoe Insurance Agency Team! Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to insure every corner of your world!
In the midst of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it becomes increasingly more important that individuals and organizations continue to strive and make a difference. When it comes to charities making a difference in realms of breast cancer awareness, it is important that not only the funds raised are measured, but also how the funds are used is analyzed. With around 200,000 women diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States annually, it is imperative that these charities are making the lives of those affected by breast cancer more purposeful and manageable. Gathered is a list of 5 breast cancer charities that go above and beyond to make notable impacts on the lives of those affected by breast cancer:
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Established in 1982, this is one of the most recognized breast cancer charities that impresses year after year. Dedicating only 6.3% of funds raised to administrative costs, this charity put 82.3% of funds raised in the 2013 fiscal year towards funding research, screening, treatment programs, and education.
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation – Since this charity was founded in 1993, over $220 million has been raised. All funds raised go towards discovering innovational, clinical and translational research opportunities, at a variety of international medical centers. Additionally, the charity strives to increase public awareness of early detection and overall breast health.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer – This charity works directly with those recently diagnosed with breast cancer, educating them and supporting them in their journey. Both patients and healthcare professionals benefit from the free webinars, community outreach programs, newsletters, podcasts, and national conferences put on by this charity.
- National Breast Cancer Foundation – This reputable charity provides affordable solutions for mammograms for women who are financially limited to these resources. This charity works on the fact that early detection is key in conquering this disease.
- BreastCancer.org – This charity provides those affected by breast cancer with easily accessible information, regarding some of the most trying decisions you will have to make.
We support Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the five charities above! Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to insure every corner of your world!
Business owners must do everything in their power to protect their organization. In doing so, you must have a comprehensive business insurance policy. With the array of coverage options surrounding business insurance policies, you may be wondering which you actually need and which are just wasteful. Gathered is a list of the basic coverage options your business needs to survive:
- Business property insurance will provide the structure of your business, its inventory, and all business equipment with protection against a variety of covered perils. If your structure is affected by a damaging fire, your business property insurance policy will kick in to cover your business’ assets.
- Business liability insurance allows you to receive peace of mind knowing nothing can bring your organization down. If someone claims that your product or service was not provided in the manner promised, your liability coverage will protect you from any lawsuits. Additionally, if a client is injured on your business property, your business liability insurance would provide you with legal defense and the injured client with medical expense coverage.
- Worker’s compensation provides both employees and employers with a variety of benefits. Employers can rest assured that any injured or ill employees will receive medical expense coverage. This coverage extends to any injuries or illnesses that are caused by work operations.
- Commercial auto insurance is a required insurance policy for any organizations that depend on the use of work vehicles for business operations. Some small business owners fail to realize that this is required even if your employees operate their own vehicles for work relations.
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California business insurance needs. We understand that the various insurance options available for business insurance policies are complex and may seem confusing. Allow us to personalize a unique business insurance policy that will meet the exclusive needs of your organization.
Off road vehicles yield plenty of fun and an array of dangers at the same time. Off road vehicles allow you to enjoy areas that are inaccessible by car. However, if you will be enjoying the many benefits of off road vehicles, you must be prepared to follow the basic safety precautions. Compiled is a list of off road vehicle safety tips for you to remain safe during your travels:
- If you will be taking on a local trail in your off road vehicle, it is important that you begin by researching the local laws and regulations. You will want to make an effort to preserve the local area by following all rules and suggestions.
- Whether you are taking a short stroll around the neighborhood or embarking on a 23-mile trail, you must always be equipped with DOT-approved motorcycle gear. This includes a helmet, eye protection, leathers, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves. Without the right gear, you leave your most important asset vulnerable to harm.
- No matter how many times we hear it, we somehow seem to always forget – Practice makes perfect. You should find a safe place to practice your braking and turning skills. The more you practice, the safer you will be during your 23-mile journey through the trails.
- You may want to take a defensive driving course for the extra knowledge and to perhaps land an insurance discount.
- As tempting as it may be, refrain from driving on paved roads. Your off road vehicle was not built for the paved roads and can prove to be a dangerous combination.
- Most importantly, always be aware of your surroundings while on the roads or trails!
Contact Stromsoe Insurance Agency in Murrieta for all of your California off road vehicle insurance needs. We can help safeguard your most enjoyable ride with a unique off road vehicle insurance policy.