Since auto insurance is required by law, many individuals simply see the price they pay as a stagnant number that cannot be changed. Despite common belief, you are in complete control of your auto insurance premium. With the right lifestyle habits, you can keep your premium at a manageable rate. Compiled are 9 ways you can save on your auto insurance premium without sacrificing coverage:
- Did you know that your driving record has a heavy impact on how much you pay for auto insurance? Drive safely and refrain from speeding. Each traffic violation and auto accident will increase your premium.
- Did you know that you can receive additional discounts by taking defensive driving courses? These classes can also hide tickets from your record. Therefore, you can maintain your clean driving record by taking these classes. Before you enroll in one of these classes, contact us to verify qualification.
- Did you know that installing anti-theft devices in your car can help you save significantly? Since your car will be less susceptible to theft, you can receive a big discount.
- Did you know your credit score is taken into consideration when your premium is calculated? Make sure to conduct a credit report on a regular basis and fix any mistakes.
- Did you know that the neighborhood you live in affects your auto insurance premium? Your insurance provider will determine the risk factors of your neighborhood based on a number of demographics and provide you with a premium amount. If you are planning on moving, be sure to check the zip code’s premium rates.
- Did you know that the type of car you drive makes a big difference on how much you pay? Your premium will depend on how much it costs to repair or replace your vehicle. Before you go car shopping, be sure to ask your insurance provider what impact the purchase will make.
- Did you know that your daily commute determines your premium as well? If you drive an hour to work each day, expect to pay more on auto insurance.
- Did you know that if you raise your deductible you will not be paying as much each month? However, when making this change, you must keep in mind that you will be forced to pay more out of pocket if you get into an accident.
- Most importantly, did you know that you can save money on auto insurance by choosing to work with a local agent? You will get the coverage you deserve while working with an advocate on your behalf. They will find you the best rates, all qualifying discounts, and they will gladly explain any gaps in coverage. Working with a trusted agent like the experienced ones at Stromsoe Insurance Agency will allow you to control your risks, while protecting your family and maximizing your savings.
The experts at Stromsoe Insurance Agency want to be your trusted agent. Contact us today to get started!