Each year, we begin summer by throwing our child’s backpacks and books in the closet, kicking back and, relaxing. Months of ignoring routine and enjoying the summer sun makes it nearly impossible to put ourselves back in school mode. Returning to your school time routine doesn’t have to be a hassle. Consider these 7 tips to prepare both you and your child for the next school semester:
- During the last week of summer before school begins, start bringing routine habits back into your daily lives. Bring back wake up times and bedtimes. Have your child get dressed for the day at the same time they would for school and have them eating during the same times as well.
- Since school gives children more responsibilities, give your child certain tasks that they will have to manage on their own to prepare them.
- If you don’t already have your launch pad in gear, you’ll want to designate a place for the essentials. To avoid early morning scrambles, have your child have a designated place for their lunch box and backpack.
- Establish a specific time each day where your child will complete their homework. It is smart to have your child do their homework during the time that you are cooking or finishing other household chores. This will make them more motivated to get it done since you’ll be standing over their shoulder.
- If your child’s school day ends before you are off of work, you’ll want to start deciding what their afternoon plans will be ahead of time. Whether you decide to enroll your child in an after-school program or arrange play dates with their friends, it is important that you get this out of the way before the night before the first day of school.
- As a working parent, it is important that you have a plan in place for when your child gets sick. You may need to fill out forms ahead of time to have a certain trusted person or babysitter pick your child up from school, just in case.
- Most importantly, make going back to school a family affair.
Stromsoe Insurance Agency is available for all of your California insurance needs. Contact us today and allow us to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your assets are adequately protected. We are available to answer any and all of your questions around the clock.