Summer is just around the corner, so it is a good idea to start summer-izing your home just as you winterized it a few months prior! There are a few things you need to start checking off your to do list to get you ready for the best season of the year. If you haven’t already done so, add these important items to your checklist:
- Check your home’s cooling system – As a California resident, we typically turn on the air conditioning at the beginning of summer, or sometimes, the end of spring. You’ll want to make sure your air conditioner is prepared to handle the pressure. You may need to clean up the area surrounding the outdoor condensing unit, especially after the recent wind storms. It is also a good idea to change the filters in your system to make sure everything is working properly and the air is flowing smoothly. To ensure that you are saving all the air you are paying for, check the weather-stripping and caulking around the doors and windows.
- Throw those down comforters, flannel sheets, and wool blankets to the back of your closet and take out the summery, cool sheets! With summer heat fast approaching, it is smart to get lightweight and cool bedding that will keep you comfortable and cozy.
- Washing your windows will let the sunshine in and make your home feel more open and welcoming. Your home will feel as good as new!
- After recent extreme wind, you may need to prepare and clean your patio. Hosing down all outdoor furniture and cleaning with a mild dish soap will have your patio sparkling with summer appeal.
- You may want to take the eco-friendly approach and plant some summer vegetables in your garden this season. Healthy, fresh vegetables will be perfect grilled on the barbeque. Plants that thrive in hot weather such as tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and basil, are perfect to grow in your garden and most require little maintenance.
The Stromsie Insurance Total Protection Team strives to give you the best services and prices. Contact the Stromsie Insurance Total Protection Team for all of your insurance inquiries.