Spring is a time for renewal. It is also a time to clean and get organized. If your home has been closed up since before the holidays, here are ways to “freshen” things up.
- Attack those closets and get them cleaned up and organized. Get rid of anything you haven’t worn in the past 18 months. Consider some of those closet organizers available at big box DIY stores.
- Clean your windows inside and out and make sure you include the frames and any drapes or curtains.
- If you have a fireplace, now’s the time to clean it out for next year.
- Organize your personal papers. That includes your insurance policies like your life and homeowners insurance policies. Schedule a review with your insurance agent to make sure you have what you think you have.
- Get at those gutters and make sure they run clear in case of spring rain.