Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! Jingle all the way!
Now if that does not get you in the Holiday spirit, maybe hanging up your Christmas lights will. It is impossible to say "Bah Humbug" when you see a row of homes all decorated with twinkling lights. However, hanging lights is not as easy as it sounds. It takes time and planning to safely get your home decorated.
Bob Vila suggest everyone who hangs up Christmas lights, indoors and outdoors, work with a partner. However, if you cannot work with someone, make sure to follow a few simple safety tips to help ensure your safety when decorating for the Holidays.
- Gather all supplies before getting started.
- Check power strips and lights for any frayed or nonworking equipment.
- Replace any broken or nonworking lights and equipment.
- Unplug lights when changing bulbs.
- Keep both feet flat on the ground.
- Never stand on the top rung of the ladder.
- Never extend beyond your normal reach.
- Watch where you step and make sure all cords are secured.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!!