What type of Auto Insurance covers vandalism and damage to a car?

Since most states require drivers to have liability insurance, most people don’t worry about how they’re going to pay for car repairs when they are involved in an accident. Vandalism, however, is a different story. Comprehensive is the car insurance you need to cover car damage due to vandalism.

Comprehensive car insurance basically covers car damage that is not caused by an accident. This could include vandalism, water damage, fire, weather damage or even animals chewing on the wires. While comprehensive insurance is not required by law in most states, it is usually a good idea to have it, and it may be required by the bank if you have a car loan. There are limitations, of course, and each policy may have its own exclusions as well as its own deductible and limitation on payouts.

If you have any questions about whether or not you have the right kind of coverage to protect your vehicle from any kind of damage, including vandalism, it’s best to talk to an agent. Call the Stromsoe Insurance Agency with your questions today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *