Your home is the most valuable asset that you own. When it is damaged you will need an insurance policy in order to repair the cost of fixing the home. Here are some things to think about when determining how much homeowners insurance you will need in order to fix your home in the event of a total loss.
What to Consider When Calculating How Much Insurance You Need for Your Home
- You will need to accurately figure the rebuild cost of your home. Know the year of build, square footage, type of home and what materials make up the home.
- Ask for a replacement cost type policy for your belongings. This means the value will not depreciate when it comes time to cover the loss.
- Acquire inflation guard for your home policy. Your policy will automatically adjust the rebuild cost based on current inflation rates.
- Endorse water backup coverage onto your policy to protect against water backing up through the drains of the home.
- Have enough liability to cover costly lawsuits.
For more information, in the Murrieta, CA area, about how much coverage you need to protect your home, please call Stromsoe Insurance Agency. We can help get your questions answered and your policy ready to protect your home. Our agents are ready to assist you in anyway that we can.