Loss-proofing your home is the perfect way of avoiding those pesky little Homeowners claims. Here are a few helpful tips from a recent insurance trade report:
- Fix minor roof leaks quickly and keep rain gutters clean.
- Trim dead branches. Also, remove dying trees from your property before they fall and cause unsightly, expensive damage.
- If you’re in a high-wind area, install windstorm shutters.
- Improve overall drainage around the house. If your basement tends to flood, install an automatic sump pump with a battery backup, in case of a power outage during a major storm.
- Check your roof and heating, electrical, and plumbing systems every few years. It’s best to let a professional do this.
- If you have a fireplace, keep your chimney clean and unobstructed!
For the best Homeowners policy to meet your needs, contact our Total Protection Team.