In light of the recent death of a 17 year old girl in Poway, CA and now the discovery of the body of a 14-year-old Escondido girl who had been missing more than a year, the Stromsoe Insurance Agency Protection Team that you share these tips with your entire family and spread the word to keep friends, family, and other safe:
1.The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet/purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you….chances are that he is more interested in your wallet/purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy..The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, etc., and sit doing their checkbook, making a list, etc. The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side and put a gun to your head. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF. Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF!
Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. Getting into your car in a parking lot or garage: look around you, into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. If you are parked next to a van, enter your car from the passenger door. Serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while they are getting into their cars.
Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the
passenger side…If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY and better paranoid than dead..
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit a running target 4 in 100 times and even then, it most likely will not be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. Women are usually trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. The Crying Baby Theory was discussed on America ‘s Most Wanted : A woman heard a crying baby on her porch at night, and called the police. She said it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street. The police said, ‘We have a unit on the way, DO NOT open the door.’ They think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. Police have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors at night.
10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! Burglars turn on all your outside taps full force so that you will go out to investigate and then attack. Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors!
11. Many keyless entry devices for cars have a panic botton – use them when needed
Our hearts and prayers go out to family and friends of every victim of senseless crime. Please spread the word to help keep people safe.