Make these delicious green smoothies to keep you healthy and energized all day long.
As summer comes to an end, it means less time being spent outside and less daily exercise. Luckily there exist some foods that naturally boost our energy and even clean and keep our gut healthy. Smoothies are a great way to ingest these foods because they are easy to take with you on-the-go, and you can cram a lot of nutrition into every glass. Making the perfect smoothie is subjective, of course, but we find that blending the ingredients well, and keeping it simple usually get the trick done.
Gut-Healing Green Smoothie (Serves 2)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana (frozen, if you want)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
- 2 cups of kale leaves
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds
Nutritionally Packed Green Smoothie (Serves 2)
- 1 cucumber (chopped)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups of water or almond milk
- 2 pears (peeled and chopped)
- 4 cups of kale leafs
- 5 ice cubes
Post-Workout Green Smoothie (Serves 2)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 banana (frozen, if you wish)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 2 cups of cold water or almond milk
The best way to prepare these ingredients is to place them inside of the blender and mix until it is smooth and creamy. If you like pulp, then mix it for less time to get the little pieces of fruits and vegetables swimming around.
Comments are closed.